Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I haven't watched it.
I sharnt be watching it.
But here's the little I know of ...

- Jono Wright 3 tries against.
- 5-1 penalty count after 20mins
- 3 tries disallowed by video ref (rightly or wrongly it don't matter)
- Failed to find touch from penalty.
- Barba foot on the line trying to make a break / spark a comeback.

Sounds like whatever could go wrong, did go wrong and then some.

Sometimes you've just gotta laugh these things off ... Kudos Raiders.
We live to fight another week.
That pretty much says that whatever we tried/do it never went our way

But thing is what people have to remember is that its never easy trying to beat Canberra on their turf especially when it is freezing cold

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
somehow I dont think Ennis will be rested again next week

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
somehow I dont think Ennis will be rested again next week
This is literally the fifth or sixth time I've posted this same sentence this season: Can people please stop with the "we need to drop Ennis" nonsense.

The guy clearly came into the season woefully underdone after no pre-season. He was pretty awful for the first six games or so, then started to hit his stride and has been terrific, especially defensively during the past dozen games. I'm not suggesting for a second that his presence would have resulted in a 30 point swing in tonight's result, but we're an utterly different side without his hustle around the ruck. Case surely closed now.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a game never to be watched again. Its out of our system now. No more media claims "Team needs a loss" Go back to basics and beat the roosters next week

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can someone pls stop Reynolds from rushing up, tackling no one, and leaving a hole? Jono Wright.... Enough said.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what happened! Horoscope for today!

Fri Aug 24: Reassess Your Priorities

The Moon is out of harmony with Mars and Jupiter, making many of you feel conflicted. Rest assured that the work you are doing for both your family and for the world is appreciated and necessary. If you do not feel like you are where you should be in your personal or private lives, now is the time to make a reassessment. Fortunate colours are lime green and white. Lucky numbers are 34 and 6.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Havent liked us without Ennis the last few years. Usually directionless. We dont have a better Captain or player in his position.

we didnt have any enthusiasm which can be excused when the team is 4 points clear in first and the players are thinking about the finals now they are this close. We didnt need to bust our guts to win this one and they didnt try to.

Playing a big and enthusiastic raiders side in freezing canberra full on in top gear would have us all beat up and wonky so close to the finals. Probably not a bad thing we didnt hit those big fellas to hard all night for our own health.

Im not worried. We may see a funny side next week if Storm lose vs Sharks and we get handed the MP.

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can't play much worse, they can't play much better combined with an early beating in penalties/possession/field position and we were never in it.

Not saying tonight was one guys fault, but I'd suggest Jono Wright lets the doctor catch the baby or get Sandor Earl in to do it.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Jono Wrights positional play has been found out a couple times this year.

For the second try (i think) he was really in field - to presumably cut out the play.
But Canberras centre was lagging behind the play the ball.

Maybe his mind on on his wife.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
This is literally the fifth or sixth time I've posted this same sentence this season: Can people please stop with the "we need to drop Ennis" nonsense.

The guy clearly came into the season woefully underdone after no pre-season. He was pretty awful for the first six games or so, then started to hit his stride and has been terrific, especially defensively during the past dozen games. I'm not suggesting for a second that his presence would have resulted in a 30 point swing in tonight's result, but we're an utterly different side without his hustle around the ruck. Case surely closed now.
this

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

I hate us without Ennis. We are awful without him and have been before in recent years when hes injured. Most under-rated player in the team. The game isnt all scoring tries or throwing the last pass. He does a lot of other things.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
When all those odds went onto Canberra..you knew something was going on.
this only happened because of word going around that we'd be resting some players. nothing more.

clearly the boys didnt want to be there. and when someone as safe as perett drops a clean ball, you know somethings not right. this was evident throughout the whole team.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I blame Des. if he didn't coach us to 12 in a row we wouldn't have lost one now.

K

Kane 'em

We were fit to win without Ennis. We didn't lose because he was absent tonight. That was by far the worst we've played the entire season. Hopefully, it was a one-off.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Looks and smells like a one-man team,to bad he is to crap to be anywhere near
useful in origin
How does it feel like to lose to a team coming first who were 2 players down for the majority of the game on your turf?

Status
Not open for further replies.