The Back 5

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He’s totally getting flamed.... and so is our roster, which is very inexperienced and light in a few key areas. A week ago everyone was over the moon. People in this place are shears too optimistic or two pessimistic. It’s one extreme or the other.

We played well the last few weeks. That should be as clear to people as our very poor performance today.
Because we put in effort for those two weeks and returned to shit this week, just like rounds 1 and 2.

I don't expect to win games, I expect to lose to save my sanity. I just get the shits when no effort is put in.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because we put in effort for those two weeks and returned to shit this week, just like rounds 1 and 2.

I don't expect to win games, I expect to lose to save my sanity. I just get the shits when no effort is put in.
Yeah, there’s no doubt we didn’t turn up today.... but we have a very young roster and out forward pack is a bit lightweight. I think it’s going to take time to build that mental steel. I think we’ll improve and start playing consistently better by season’s end... but if not, I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong.

I still think this squad has potential....but we need a few more experienced, level heads to produce performances like we put in last week consistently.

As for Pay, I’m not fully sold on him yet, but also not ready to give up on him. If he can get a young side to produce what we did against Melbourne, he clearly has some upside.... that doesn’t mean he also doesn’t have his flaws.

Last edited:

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
[QUOTE="ASSASSIN, post: 3517253, member: 17656
I don't expect to win games, I expect to lose to save my sanity. I just get the shits when no effort is put in.[/QUOTE]

I also expect to lose, for the same reason. Haven’t been excited about footy since 2012.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney,hoppa,Smith are safe as out there, if you built around that you would have a very decent team..!!