The Aussie Flag

Do you want a new Australian Flag?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
If there's an option for 'indifferent', I would had voted.

Kevin Kebab

Waterboy
Reaction score
Change the flag to the Eureka stockade one.

Change the anthem, the current one is totally gay.

Bring on the Republic.

Incarcerate all members of the liberal party.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
No, leave it.

Even if we become a Republic, I still want it to remain. By scrapping the Union Jack, we're scrapping our history and origins.

Just because we're in a modern age, it doesn't mean everything has to be modern. The Union Jack has meaning. Men fought and died for that flag on the battlefield.

Lose our national icons, and people lose interest in Australia's history.
Well said Slippery

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
I love it when people say 'put the aboriginal flag on ours' etc etc saying it's our history...

Weeeeell I'd say the Union Jack is a much more appropriate part of our history. Unless you're full blooded abo, you wouldn't be here without immigration :grinning:

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
leave as is...to many men died for that flag and even when i look at the flag i dont think of england or anything...it reminds me of this great country and the people who died for that flag....

i would hate for it to be changed

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
just put a pie on it with the word "skip"

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Not as long as we're a republic. If we become a republic, change it; Remove the union jack, change the back colour to green and the southern cross stars should be gold - that's it, our national flag, our national colours.
I agree, but move the federation star to where the union jack is

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love it when people say 'put the aboriginal flag on ours' etc etc saying it's our history...

Weeeeell I'd say the Union Jack is a much more appropriate part of our history. Unless you're full blooded abo, you wouldn't be here without immigration :grinning:

How is the union jack more appropriate?

Not everyone is of British ancentory, and if the flag only represents one part of our history then thats anachronistic.

Whether you like it or not, the Aborigines are part of our history, and for those citing 'history' as a reason to keep the current design then why ignore the indigenous history of this country?

The flag is supposed to represent a country and the current design doesnt do that because only one fraction of our history is represented.

We're an independant, sovereign, multi-cultural society with Aboriginal roots, and the current design just doesnt represent that. We're not a British colony, so lets get rid of a British colonial flag.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Not everyone is of British ancentory, and if the flag only represents one part of our history then thats anachronistic.

Whether you like it or not, the Aborigines are part of our history, and for those citing 'history' as a reason to keep the current design then why ignore the indigenous history of this country?

The flag is supposed to represent a country and the current design doesnt do that because only one fraction of our history is represented.

We're an independant, sovereign, multi-cultural society with Aboriginal roots, and the current design just doesnt represent that. We're not a British colony, so lets get rid of a British colonial flag.
Well said GB.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

very well said mate :grinning:

I

I R Cookie

leave as is...to many men died for that flag and even when i look at the flag i dont think of england or anything...it reminds me of this great country and the people who died for that flag....

i would hate for it to be changed
and too many people were killed unjustly in the name of that flag, even more so in the name of the union jack.

im undecided on whether to change it, I think it's been apart of our country for so long but then that history is not exactly pretty either. It did South Africa no harm when they changed it after the end of the Apartheid so I lean towards a yes...

and pillow, the british did not migrate here, they imposed themselves as rulers of this land unjustly.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score

yes we are a colony the queen still has the right to shut us down if she chooses too.

the Abo flag is for Abos and they already have a flag to represent them so it shouldn't be on the nations flag.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes we are a colony the queen still has the right to shut us down if she chooses too.

the Abo flag is for Abos and they already have a flag to represent them so it shouldn't be on the nations flag.
we're definitely NOT a colony...

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
and too many people were killed unjustly in the name of that flag, even more so in the name of the union jack.

im undecided on whether to change it, I think it's been apart of our country for so long but then that history is not exactly pretty either. It did South Africa no harm when they changed it after the end of the Apartheid so I lean towards a yes...

and pillow, the british did not migrate here, they imposed themselves as rulers of this land unjustly.
a people with no sense of ownership came up against a people who did. they got smashed. they did nothing unjust it's just business. also thanks to the British we have a pretty damn kick arse country to live in now.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
dont change what isnt broken and people complaining about the flag should htfu

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
we are our own nation already. We live in australia knowing its history, this includes the monarch. Why change our history? Changing our flag or becoming a replubic means forgetting the past. imo.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
but doesnt our history take us back to the time of the aborigines before the british invasion???....like i totally understand what you're saying but yeah i just feel that there isnt much reflective of that aspect of our history

Status
Not open for further replies.