The 'Attn Superthread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gladiator.

"Bint" is most DEFINITELY derogatory. I don't care what the linguists may say about its origin meaning "daughter of", it's only ever used as abuse nowadays. Just as "bastard" has a legitimate non-insulting meaning, it doesn't mean 99+% of its usage isn't derogatory. Likewise "moron", "cretin" etc have their origins in clinical terminology, but nowadays are only ever used for their abusive connotations.

You seriously think that the guys on BDP meant to call Anna "daughter of..." someone?!
I doubt they were talking to her in Arabic too. Bint in Arabic = Daughter of.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
So have you emailed mutto so he can help you work through the issues lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Ah ok... When I left this morning at around 10 we still had no power and there was still some smoke coming from from the box

Don't think anyone has had a look at it yet

G

Gladiator.

HAHAHA! Typical Integral, all f*cking lazy c*nts. At least we have a reimbursement policy, if your electricity isn't back on within 4 hours you get an $80 rebate. If the problem will be longer than 8 hours, we install a generator.

All it is Oz, the cables have failed, short circuited, blown the fuses at the sub and that's what caused the fire. The just have to come out, locate the fault, dig out the trench, cut the cable where the fault is, replace it, retest and you should be back on. My role 6 months ago involved me assisting cable jointers in locating faults.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Ozman, if your power was off, how did you post on here? Because your internet and computer would probably not be on if the power went out.

trollface

G

Gladiator.

ATTN: Doga

I am thinking of investing into a MacBook. Either a Pro or Air. Any recommendations?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Well for mine...

15" is big enough
Upgrades I would look at first up and would deem most important...

2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display

Solid State Drive isn't necessary but if you have money to burn then that would be an awesome extra.

750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
128GB Solid State Drive [Add A$ 120.00]
256GB Solid State Drive [Add A$ 620.00]
512GB Solid State Drive [Add A$ 1,470.00]
With that in mind.... Would you like a lappy without a decent amount of Hard Disk Space?

G

Gladiator.

128GB-256GB SSD looks real good. I have a 1TB External HDD with all my music, videos & movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.