The 2014 Canterbury Bulldogs Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
My thoughts on this season - massive passmark . Well done for all concerned . Am not as shattered as 2012 , but feel the best team won . Dont think the final score reflected the game - given we were still a massive chance to win with 7 min to go . Congrats to Souths and the NRL . Thanks to the Kennel , the moderators and the members and even visitors and trolls for making it a great year !

N

Natboy

I'm glad the half of the 6 good games we played this year were weeks 1-3 of the finals
I hope we are a lot more consistent next year so every week of the finals isn't sudden death and I don't have my heart popping out of my chest each week lol

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I'm glad the half of the 6 good games we played this year were weeks 1-3 of the finals
I hope we are a lot more consistent next year so every week of the finals isn't sudden death and I don't have my heart popping out of my chest each week lol
You and me both Nat . Lets hope we have a good offseason , couple of good signings and a new gameplan with some points in it for 2015

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
We proved what a tough and courageous club we are. No other team in the comp could have made the GF from 7th and with the injuries our key players had. Souths couldn't have been more perfect in the GF and we couldn't have played much worse, yet through pure guts it was 6-all after 55 mins. Our time will come -- under Hasler we are now a team that will consistently be thereabouts. Yes, we need a bit more spark and a bit more composure in attack, but even without those things, we could have taken this premiership if we had stayed healthy.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh the finals campaign should get an above average but I could not rate the regular season a pass mark. If results hadn't gone our way we wouldn't have even played finals footy. We had more than enough opportunities to get into the top 4 but didn't capitalise on our chances. If we hope to be a better team next year we need far more consistency, no losing games like we did in the last round etc.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a good year because it was an adventure with highs and lows, drama and very entertaining lol.

We fell at the last hurdle but I am happy to say this year was good because we overachieved and proved alot of the media/doubters wrong!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Tbh the finals campaign should get an above average but I could not rate the regular season a pass mark. If results hadn't gone our way we wouldn't have even played finals footy. We had more than enough opportunities to get into the top 4 but didn't capitalise on our chances. If we hope to be a better team next year we need far more consistency, no losing games like we did in the last round etc.
I guess I was comparing our season to 2013 - which was disappointing . We have a great coach , great club and great playing group . We get our injured players all fixed up , have a good holiday then a great offseason and who knows ? Maybe pick up a couple of good buys as well then power on to 2015 . Hopefully , James Graham is made captain and a dog for life .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess I was comparing our season to 2013 - which was disappointing . We have a great coach , great club and great playing group . We get our injured players all fixed up , have a good holiday then a great offseason and who knows ? Maybe pick up a couple of good buys as well then power on to 2015 . Hopefully , James Graham is made captain and a dog for life .
Love your optimism. This year was frustrating but more successful than 2013. Still off the pace this year but will hopefully regroup in the off season and start 2015 with renewed vigour. Des will work on our new recruits and decide who he wants to cover the second string hooking position, back up halves and maybe fullback. Depends on who else we may pick up from other clubs in the off season. Most clubs have settled on their roster for next year but still some are sorting them out so who knows. The most disappointing part of this season, apart from the GF would have been from Round 11-14 & 19-23 and the last round. We lost the ability this year to sustain our attack and our second halves were abysmal. Defence wise we showed some fight but in the end it wasn't enough. Still we did better than 14 other sides by making the GF.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The season really does have some pretty huge positives.... the wheels fell off half way through, we lost our way and so much went wrong...... and yet, we where in the finals and managed to end the year as the second best team, not bad considering.

More than enough to give hope for next season, looking forward to seeing us run again with a few tweaks.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is just some minor tweaking needed to now take the premiership. As much as Perrett tries he is not the modern day "ball playing/x factor" fullback that would complete the team. He will be better on the wing after the season he has had at the back. With the amount of injuries the team suffered plus having origin players missing and Reynolds suspensions the side was almost about the steal the trophy with 15min to go in the gf. I have followed this great club for 30 years and now it being the longest time between premierships I can say that they cant be far off. Surely (fingers crossed) they have a better year with injuries and the team really pushes for a top four birth. Congratulations to Des the team and the staff. Goodbye to Mick Ennis and Thank you. I hope you come back in some capacity

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we were inconvenienced for the second half of the season and were runners up, its a good season

Run Again Son

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think it is just some minor tweaking needed to now take the premiership. As much as Perrett tries he is not the modern day "ball playing/x factor" fullback that would complete the team. He will be better on the wing after the season he has had at the back. With the amount of injuries the team suffered plus having origin players missing and Reynolds suspensions the side was almost about the steal the trophy with 15min to go in the gf. I have followed this great club for 30 years and now it being the longest time between premierships I can say that they cant be far off. Surely (fingers crossed) they have a better year with injuries and the team really pushes for a top four birth. Congratulations to Des the team and the staff. Goodbye to Mick Ennis and Thank you. I hope you come back in some capacity
Good calls, hear hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.