That was disgraceful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These referees are rubbish! As a non bulldogs supporter i feel for you bunch even though i don't like you haha, that was pathetic, should be given the two points.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think any supporter would agree that was the right decision. Absolute farce that makes me think there is some seriously dodgy stuff going on in the background.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolutely terrible display from the refs, deadset rigged. Still disappointed in the boys, we absolutely bashed them and were all over them and should of had the game wrapped up well and truly before fulltime. Some really poor errors and decisions from our players constantly brought souths back into the match. Brett and Lafai injured, fans in shit and that just wraps up a horrible afternoon of footy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, that game should of never went that close we were all over them for most of the game.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
Is it in the job description for an NRL official to be an absolute moron? They can't be that dumb. Rugby league is a joke. If this game wasn't rigged I'm a bad judge. Very disappointed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, that game should of never went that close we were all over them for most of the game.
Unfortunately most people will miss that point and rather focus on us being robbed at the end due to terrible work from the officials...Similar to how the media will focus on the fan behaviour instead of putting pressure on the NRL after an extremely poor performance from officals.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
with our possession we should have lapped souths, but that is why they are a good side they hang in there, just like melb and manly and us. We do to many side what souths did to us stick around close enough and wait for an opportunity. The BIG difference is that souths did not earn their chance the refs handed it to them incorrectly as happens week in/out for souths the pride of the league!
20 years since super league, if the NRL continue ignoring the obvious problem they have with certain teams getting dubious calls constantly other clubs might have to look elsewhere.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
with our possession we should have lapped souths, but that is why they are a good side they hang in there, just like melb and manly and us. We do to many side what souths did to us stick around close enough and wait for an opportunity. The BIG difference is that souths did not earn their chance the refs handed it to them incorrectly as happens week in/out for souths the pride of the league!
20 years since super league, if the NRL continue ignoring the obvious problem they have with certain teams getting dubious calls constantly other clubs might have to look elsewhere.

sultanofsydney

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
for me the biggest problem from the actual game isn't the penalty its the refs audibly making comment about not blowing a penalty, closing followed by the location of the penalty kick at the end not being from where the ball landed

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't just the Graham decision - it was the penalty against Lichaa, the penalty try, the non-penalty to us
Even Gus Gould commented on it.
Incompetence to a point of bias by referee YUK,

But we absolutely should have closed that game out.
And how dumb was our decision not to take the 2 points with a few to go

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
These referees are rubbish! As a non bulldogs supporter i feel for you bunch even though i don't like you haha, that was pathetic, should be given the two points.
Love us or loath us we're here and thanks for your observation TigerGoneLoose. Now, just to prove you're right:

1) Burgess belted BMoz after dropping his lollies... nothing done
2) Daryl Millard knocks JMoz arse over head as he attempts to gather the ball in a crucial play... nothing done
3) Michael Lichaa is penalised after a tackle (dropped ball by Bunny) when all he did was get off the tackled player immediately
4) Jammer incorrectly penalised after an accidental collision with Adam Reynolds who had not completed his kick when Jammer began his action.

Apart from a couple of squandered scoring opportunities in the first half these four stuff ups cost us big time.

I dont think any supporter would agree that was the right decision. Absolute farce that makes me think there is some seriously dodgy stuff going on in the background.
Yes it makes me wonder too blueyedsamurai. For years the referees have been the untouchables in their Ivory Tower accomodation. They have never been made responsible or accountable for their chronic ineptitude. And now, God bless Greenberg, any coach, captain or club executive who makes a critical statement regarding what is a bad refereeing call gets a $10,000 fine for being justifiably angry.

There is no logical answer to the teflon status they have been given.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
How are you supposed to block a field goal??? The rule is a joke...the refs are a joke

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad people haven't forgotten it wasn't just about "that" call. There was PLENTY previous and even a sneaky call afterwards that was a joke. Yeah we should of closed the game ourselves, I agree. But to have that many calls go against you while vsing the 1 team who ALWAYS get the calls is beyond frustrating...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it was bad...

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has brought this up but shouldn't a Souths player been sent to the bin after the penalty we got for Souths player stopping us from a quick tap

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has brought this up but shouldn't a Souths player been sent to the bin after the penalty we got for Souths player stopping us from a quick tap
True plus that professional foul on JMoz on the short kick off was let go aswell, also the referees killed our quick tap options alot tonight aswell I noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.