Thank you Lachlan Lewis

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's worth extending for another 1 year at around 200K. Would be a downgrade. I believe he's on 350K at the moment. I think him and Burton could work well together as they are both a bit unpredictable and both have long kicking games. Flanagan has NOTHING. Averillo is too quiet / doesn't get involved for long periods / you wouldn't know he's on the field. At least Lewis takes on the role of controlling half and can defend okay. Sell Flano for whatever we can get. BBO shows potential and Wakeham is still on our books for next year also but he's got nothing really either.
Lewis is THE perfect foil for Burton. Look at Penrith halves...they complement each other. Lewis can be an unpredictable half....with strong defence, a long left foot kick, a long accurate pass...his only fault is his running game. With Burton we'd have 2 unpredictable halves. Averillo is too quiet, too young, lacks confidence and needs to be led. He'd make a good centre.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is THE perfect foil for Burton. Look at Penrith halves...they complement each other. Lewis can be an unpredictable half....with strong defence, a long left foot kick, a long accurate pass...his only fault is his running game. With Burton we'd have 2 unpredictable halves. Averillo is too quiet, too young, lacks confidence and needs to be led. He'd make a good centre.
Totally agree. I can't see the fuss about Averillo. Yes he has a step and can make a line break from nothing but he only does it on average about once every 4 or 5 games. Not enough to be a half and he can't be a half with no passing game. Lewis isn't great but in the games we've won over the last few years Lewis has played better than anything I've seen from Averillo (except 1 game), Flanagan or Wakeham.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis unpredictable? Since flipping when? Bloke is as predictable as they come...hit up, bomb..hit up, bomb...oh lets mix it up a grubber that ends in the carpark not the in goal area!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's just forget the 90% of turd that he has tossed up for the past 3 years, but yeah thanks Lachie!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis unpredictable? Since flipping when? Bloke is as predictable as they come...hit up, bomb..hit up, bomb...oh lets mix it up a grubber that ends in the carpark not the in goal area!
You didn't see last weeks game?....best chip and chase since Turvey. Ever think numbnuts he was playing to instruction? Ever think it was the cattle around him that are useless? Yes he needs polish but he had Hasler as a Head coach who had no time for him then Pay...not the best halves coach...then had only his 3rd game in 16 this year. He was dynamic and his enthusiasm, strong defence, UNPREDICTABILITY, and passing and big kicking game should see him offered a 1 year contract next season. Averillo has had the whole year under a halves head coach and hasn't shown any improvement this year. Lewis has 1 game and tries something new and gets results. Give the Prince of Belmore a flippen chance Trent.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can fault his determination .
Still love how he ran in and tackled Nathan Brown around the legs when jackson and brown had a push and shove a few years ago when DWZ was hit with a shoulder charge.
Surely he would have been told to bulk up and move into the towards.someone must have said yr future is at lock
i stood next to him at belmore after a nsw cup game a few years ago and couldn't believe how tall he was.
Club profile has him at 191cm
Anyway good luck to him. Stint in the ESL make be good for him. That comp can make anyone look good ,even Napa......

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can never question his heart and competitiveness. Would love to throw that heart into some of the 110-120kgs, 6’0+ forwards we have.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s always put in 100% and I’m happy for the young man in putting on a good display against a top tier team.

He’s Probably not in our plans moving forward as part of the rebuild but hope he secures a role elsewhere.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You didn't see last weeks game?....best chip and chase since Turvey. Ever think numbnuts he was playing to instruction? Ever think it was the cattle around him that are useless? Yes he needs polish but he had Hasler as a Head coach who had no time for him then Pay...not the best halves coach...then had only his 3rd game in 16 this year. He was dynamic and his enthusiasm, strong defence, UNPREDICTABILITY, and passing and big kicking game should see him offered a 1 year contract next season. Averillo has had the whole year under a halves head coach and hasn't shown any improvement this year. Lewis has 1 game and tries something new and gets results. Give the Prince of Belmore a flippen chance Trent.
So lets sign him off 1 game...pity he's been awful 95% of other games. He isn't unpredictable, he's average. He is not a half period. He might be a rotation backrower but he can do that at another club thanks. He hasn't got a bog kicking game, he's got an unpleasant and under, sorry but that plan isn't sustainable against good sides, it never works. I don't doubt his effort, I have severe questions on his talent. We surely have moved past giving blokes contracts on effort, as it is we have signed a cooked Josh Jackson.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How do I sign the petition for him to be re-signed?