Thailand cave rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There wasn't a thread about this, it was just confirmed all 13 of them have now been rescued, there is only the 3 navy divers and a doctor that stayed with them in the cave to come out. It would have to be one of the more remarkable stories i have followed for quite some time. With all the negative stuff you see reported everyday in news, it is refreshing to see what can be achieved when people come together for the common good.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I missed the start of the story. How did they get inside the cave to begin with?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I missed the start of the story. How did they get inside the cave to begin with?
It was part of some sort of bonding kind of thing with the assistant coach, they think the boys where going to put their names at the end of the cave as some sort of initiation thing. As they made their way through the cave, there was flash flooding from all the rain and it cut them off and forced them deeper into the cave to escape the rising water.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was part of some sort of bonding kind of thing with the assistant coach, they think the boys where going to put their names at the end of the cave as some sort of initiation thing. As they made their way through the cave, there was flash flooding from all the rain and it cut them off and forced them deeper into the cave to escape the rising water.
Cheers thanks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was some bad news with one of the ex-Navy divers dying the other day during the setup for the rescue.

That just shows how dangerous it was. A Thai ex-Navy seal who did this his whole life ended up dying in the process.

It seems a little contrived when you hear "they're trapped in a cave for weeks" You just think, "I could get out of that". Then you realise that they were in a chamber over 1km into the cave and the whole thing became flooded. They had to swim for 5 hours blind through gaps often going through gaps the size of a human and sometimes diving 30 metres deep surrounded by sharp rocks.

It's a pretty insane story.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There was some bad news with one of the ex-Navy divers dying the other day during the setup for the rescue.

That just shows how dangerous it was. A Thai ex-Navy seal who did this his whole life ended up dying in the process.

It seems a little contrived when you hear "they're trapped in a cave for weeks" You just think, "I could get out of that". Then you realise that they were in a chamber over 1km into the cave and the whole thing became flooded. They had to swim for 5 hours blind through gaps often going through gaps the size of a human and sometimes diving 30 metres deep surrounded by sharp rocks.

It's a pretty insane story.
Yeah i should have mentioned Saman Gunan in my original post, he was a volunteer and paid the ultimate price to help rescue them.

Status
Not open for further replies.