Tevita Pangai Junior reveals grim reality of NRL exit

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I recall being at pre-season training on TPJ birthday. The guy wasn’t training (and hadn’t for the majority of pre-season) and was floating around the field and the sheds.

At the end of the sessions they’ll get any of the birthday guys in the middle of the huddle usually, get them doing a bit of dancing and carry on etc, while they get cheered on. When the time came at the end of the session the guys were calling out and looking for him, TPJ was nowhere to be seen, he had hidden away inside.

It stuck with me all year with everything going on. Something small, but no doubt recognised by his fellow team members, on top of everything else.

@KLil you were there for this one too I believe

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s making it sound like the players know Gus has a problem with the board?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall being at pre-season training on TPJ birthday. The guy wasn’t training (and hadn’t for the majority of pre-season) and was floating around the field and the sheds.

At the end of the sessions they’ll get any of the birthday guys in the middle of the huddle usually, get them doing a bit of dancing and carry on etc, while they get cheered on. When the time came at the end of the session the guys were calling out and looking for him, TPJ was nowhere to be seen, he had hidden away inside.

It stuck with me all year with everything going on. Something small, but no doubt recognised by his fellow team members, on top of everything else.

Someone is poisoning his mind making him believe that the whole world is against him !!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 minutes away from the comradery of being involved in a team sport and he's getting sad about loneliness. Isolation is obviously something he gave no thought to ever before retiring from league. I hope he gets professional help if he needs it but this honestly sounds like a kid getting to a camp and almost instantly getting homesick.

I'm betting he'll look at getting a new NRL gig before next year ends.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Literally fought a bloke who’s well past it and struggled to put him away lol. He won’t be in boxing for very long.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bloke is definitely an introvert. Even when in conversation he doesn't really say much, probably because he knows the shit he says will disappoint people.

Anyways good player, no stamina for footy let alone boxing so yeah we good to build a PACK from 2 overpriced HACKS.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

How come u was in the sheds yo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not a team player and he’s realised it so hood on hkm

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Simon Chapman (WWOS Website)

Tevita Pangai Junior says he's heard from just two Bulldogs players and one coach since leaving the NRL.
Speaking on Triple M's Rocks Footy, Pangai Junior spoke openly on the subject.

"I've heard from probably two players and the coach since I've left," said Pangai Junior.

"In total, I can count on two hands who I'm still friends with in the game. All this brotherhood talk, it's all rubbish. It's all fake.
"People hate the truth. That's the truth.

"I just love to tell it how it is. The people I look up to, you think Gus (Gould) wants to answer to a board and his footy IQ is higher than them? It's crazy."
How many Broncos and Panthers ex teamates does he talk to ? Less than 2 I'd say

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
By Simon Chapman (WWOS Website)

Tevita Pangai Junior says he's heard from just two Bulldogs players and one coach since leaving the NRL.
Speaking on Triple M's Rocks Footy, Pangai Junior spoke openly on the subject.

"I've heard from probably two players and the coach since I've left," said Pangai Junior.

"In total, I can count on two hands who I'm still friends with in the game. All this brotherhood talk, it's all rubbish. It's all fake.
"People hate the truth. That's the truth.

"I just love to tell it how it is. The people I look up to, you think Gus (Gould) wants to answer to a board and his footy IQ is higher than them? It's crazy."
Because he is a shit ****

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has played for 2 clubs and all but 2 players have contacted him since, wow I wonder who is the problem .
Raiders junior.Ricky Stuart told him he would never make it as he was too lazy!