Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus shut down the claims last night on terrell may on 100 percent footy

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus shut down the claims last night on terrell may on 100 percent footy
We’ve signed Mark Brokenshire to a 3yr contract - 5 cases of beer per year deal with player option to drink them.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus asked if we were keen on Terrell May last night on 100% footy, he said nope no interest.

I don’t think he’s a fan of the guy.
There’s a difference between ‘are’ keen and ‘were’ keen

• Haha
Reactions: 88

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something gus doesn’t like about them ,disappointing because hes the type of prop we need

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Something gus doesn’t like about them ,disappointing because hes the type of prop we need
Worrisome that it's put out there that Gus doesn't like something, or isn't a fan, of May and also AFB.

I hope Gus has strong relationships with all the player managers bc it could go against us if they don't want their clients caught up in the media hurdy gurdy of Gus' personal opinions of their player clients.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worrisome that it's put out there that Gus doesn't like something, or isn't a fan, of May and also AFB.

I hope Gus has strong relationships with all the player managers bc it could go against us if they don't want their clients caught up in the media hurdy gurdy of Gus' personal opinions of their player clients.
Unfortunately any player managed by Tyran Smith is going to be harder for us to recruit. We did have shots at AFB, Haas and Keon from Souths we didn't manage to land a shot.

Player Managers are vultures and they have as bigger influence on the game as betting agencies.

This is where we as a club need different points of attack with our Coach, CEO and Recruitment Manager taking part in player recruitments.

I believe we are in the market for the May brothers. Are we favourites? No. Are we a chance if we up our offers? Yes.

What concerns me is we have removed our 2021 roster. We have boasted about it. Yet we are not anywhere near clearer as to who our 1-6-7-8-10 players are going to be moving forward and I don't think we have upgraded our 9.

I mention 6 because there still remains debate over Burton. He's a 6. But when the best 6 of all time says how well he played at centre more doubt is created. I rate Max King but he's a support player not a forwards leader.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo likes them though… they’ll end up Chooks, they need a strike centre after Manu and Suuallii depart next year
I don't think May suits the chooks tbh. They would be better off signing someone like Schiller to partner Billy Smith in centres. But we all know Roosters get who they want sadly...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think May suits the chooks tbh. They would be better off signing someone like Schiller to partner Billy Smith in centres. But we all know Roosters get who they want sadly...
Roosters the only team that will sign someone in their prime and move then a year or 2 later if they arent performing. And never have any carrying of salaries or anything from it it seems :p

How ever they are run they are doing it better then most others.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We did have a genuine interest and there are valid reasons as to why it never happened
Can these reasons be shared once his contract are settled or are they too sensitive

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what Crichton thinks about the May boys? They have a Penrith and Samoan connection!

Ciraldo also has a connection, so maybe this is not entirely a Gus call.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what Crichton thinks about the May boys? They have a Penrith and Samoan connection!

Ciraldo also has a connection, so maybe this is not entirely a Gus call.
So still comeing to terms why we pulled out of the race for them

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s right, they’ll have $1.8M to spend with Manu & Suallii departing (albeit on the books for peanuts)