WWOS MOLE Terrell May

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. Anyone who thinks in this day and age players will take unders to play for a club is delusional.
I think it's pretty obvious players will take less money to play at a top successful club over cellar dwellers like us. At some point money talks but you have to get to that point.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No. It’s simple math the roster is not realistic to the cap.
Nice job moving the goal posts. The simple math comment was based on next years gains/losses.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many third-party deals do you believe clubs are illegally facilitating compared to five years ago?

Results
  • About the same: 47%
  • Less 34%
  • More: 16%
  • It doesn’t happen: 3%
The verdict: Only 3 per cent of clubs do not believe rival teams are facilitating illegal third-party deals for players. That’s a concern considering that number was 30 per cent when clubs were asked in 2022. ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys encouraged clubs to come forward with evidence.

In smh today

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nice job moving the goal posts. The simple math comment was based on next years gains/losses.
It’s not at all moving the goal posts. If it doesn’t stack now why would it next? Stupid comment.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s not at all moving the goal posts. If it doesn’t stack now why would it next? Stupid comment.
It does stack hence why their top 30 is approved by the NRL. Yep, lose over 2m of your salary cap and not be able to buy anyone, stupid opinion.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F..K we really need this guy massively. I hope we come back to him with an offer even if it's overs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
F..K we really need this guy massively. I hope we come back to him with an offer even if it's overs.
Well bad taste pulling out instead of upping it originally after. In our current situation we should be offering upwards of 700k imo. If we miss out on May there's literally no chance of finals until 2026.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many third-party deals do you believe clubs are illegally facilitating compared to five years ago?

Results
  • About the same: 47%
  • Less 34%
  • More: 16%
  • It doesn’t happen: 3%
The verdict: Only 3 per cent of clubs do not believe rival teams are facilitating illegal third-party deals for players. That’s a concern considering that number was 30 per cent when clubs were asked in 2022. ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys encouraged clubs to come forward with evidence.

In smh today
The 3% that's cheating :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 mil a season is fine by me.
We currently don't have a million dollar player and if we have so many juniors coming through, we will have flexibility in our cap to accommodate this.
Enough is enough we need a dominant middle cannot wait much longer.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 mil a season is fine by me.
We currently don't have a million dollar player and if we have so many juniors coming through, we will have flexibility in our cap to accommodate this.
Enough is enough we need a dominant middle cannot wait much longer.
I don't think it would even take that much. If we offered 700K it would be a fair bit more than anyone else

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well bad taste pulling out instead of upping it originally after. In our current situation we should be offering upwards of 700k imo. If we miss out on May there's literally no chance of finals until 2026.
You'd think 700K would do it. He's worth that much to us. Can't see Tetevano going great next season at 34. Faamausili is average. Fifita seems injury prone. Hope we aren't pinning our hopes on busted Taukeiaho coming good to save us with his injury history.

We need an aggressive young starting prop who'se gonna last many seasons. King doesn't quite cut it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious players will take less money to play at a top successful club over cellar dwellers like us. At some point money talks but you have to get to that point.
Should ask luai about money talking lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. Anyone who thinks in this day and age players will take unders to play for a club is delusional.
A couple of suggestions on players to talk to about taking "unders" to play for a team more likely to win a premiership. Let's start with Josh Morris went to the Chooks on "unders" for a chance to win a premiership with his brother. Crichton was willing to take substantial "unders" to stay at Penrith, but they offered him way less than even he was willing to accept.

Do yourself a favour and ask the players, winning a premiership is their biggest goal. Often geography and staying close to family and friends comes second.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question then becomes, who do we let go from our backline to take his brother and how much does that cost ?. We won't be outbidding the rortsters,so we'd have to take Taylan too, which isn't necessarily bad. But it won't be cheap

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The question then becomes, who do we let go from our backline to take his brother and how much does that cost ?. We won't be outbidding the rortsters,so we'd have to take Taylan too, which isn't necessarily bad. But it won't be cheap
Tago just extended at Panther for 750k and May is arguably just as good or better. The May brothers are expensive now. JAC obvious one to move on (age, salary cap, etc.)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tago just extended at Panther for 750k and May is arguably just as good or better. The May brothers are expensive now. JAC obvious one to move on (age, salary cap, etc.)
When I saw tago sign on big money, it made me think,maybe the Panthers are resigned to the fact they are losing May to the Roosters, they are losing Manu and Sualli and will be looking for a quality replacement. Our chances of signing either or both are slim imo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Addo-Carr the easy one to move on if we were to get Taylan.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Terrell wants to be a starting prop it's unlikely to happen at the Roosters. With us it's a certainty. He might have to sign without his bro if he knows what's best for his career