WWOS MOLE Terrell May

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Curious whos leaked this surely not his manager lol nek minute uncle nick steps in

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard to pry players loose from the chookpen if they want to keep them. This bullshit of players accepting unders en masse there never raising eyebrows at NRL headquarters is getting old with fans from other clubs.

I hope they eventually implement a system where the best money offer sets what a player must be offered. If a club offers $800k a season for someone, any offer that can be submitted to that same player should be within 5%. So unders for this player can only be $40, 000 or no offer can be placed. By this system, Tedesco at his best couldn't have accepted hundreds of thousands per season less as this contract offer couldn't have been made.

I think this would go further with balancing talent than the current system.

I'm relying on other people's opinions of May. I haven't seen him play. Didn't watch much footy this year. Sounds like he's got it in him to be an influential forward among a decent pack. But it's way too soon to get excited about players for 2025.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hard to pry players loose from the chookpen if they want to keep them. This bullshit of players accepting unders en masse there never raising eyebrows at NRL headquarters is getting old with fans from other clubs.

I hope they eventually implement a system where the best money offer sets what a player must be offered. If a club offers $800k a season for someone, any offer that can be submitted to that same player should be within 5%. So unders for this player can only be $40, 000 or no offer can be placed. By this system, Tedesco at his best couldn't have accepted hundreds of thousands per season less as this contract offer couldn't have been made.

I'm relying on other people's opinions of May. I haven't seen him play. Didn't watch much footy this year. Sounds like he's got it in him to be an influential forward among a decent pack. But it's way too soon to get excited about players for 2025.
What If roosters aren’t cheating

They are the most scrutinised team in the league.

I already know what they do. They help players set businesses up for post retirement
I don’t think it is really that mysterious or nefarious

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score

I already know what they do. They help players set businesses up for post retirement
Oh so you mean a player will turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars so that they can get help setting up some imaginary business at some point in the future when their career is over.

That sounds plausible and not at all suspicious.

Thanks for explaining

Mightydogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s very rare for Politis to let go of people he wants to keep.
Great pick up for us if we can get him but I wouldn’t just be stopping there , I’ll be throwing money at Trey Mooney as well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh so you mean a player will turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars so that they can get help setting up some imaginary business at some point in the future when their career is over.

That sounds plausible and not at all suspicious.

Thanks for explaining
They all have businesses as they play
Jake friend for example had/has three cages he ran as he played.
No doubt set up with the help of Jewish businessman in the east who knew their stuff

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Poltis is the smartest and most cunning person involved in Rugby League.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Back in the 1980s the QRL had this system where all they had to do was match the offer and the player had to remain in the Brisbane League. Wally Lewis and Gene Miles were all set to join Manly until the QRL match the Manly offer as well as the St George offer as well. The overall Manly offer was twice the size except half was from Manly and half from Packer and all they had to do was match the Manly side of it.

A good system in place be that all offers be registered with the NRL. Say Bulldogs offer Luai 1.2, Wests Tigers 1.1 and Penrith can only afford 850 if he doesn’t accept our offer his cap value must be no lower than 90-95% of the highest offer if a player chooses a lesser offer…..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Back in the 1980s the QRL had this system where all they had to do was match the offer and the player had to remain in the Brisbane League. Wally Lewis and Gene Miles were all set to join Manly until the QRL match the Manly offer as well as the St George offer as well. The overall Manly offer was twice the size except half was from Manly and half from Packer and all they had to do was match the Manly side of it.

A good system in place be that all offers be registered with the NRL. Say Bulldogs offer Luai 1.2, Wests Tigers 1.1 and Penrith can only afford 850 if he doesn’t accept our offer his cap value must be no lower than 90-95% of the highest offer if a player chooses a lesser offer…..
Someone actually proposed that idea last week. I don’t see why not

There might be restraint of trade issues though

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

So Penrith get penalised for potentially being able to hang on to a local junior for offering a contract close to what many think is his worth. And he penalises the club by accepting it because even though he’s earning $850k he’s potentially $1m on the cap. …

Reactions: ATT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone actually proposed that idea last week. I don’t see why not

There might be restraint of trade issues though
That was me.

the only reason the NRL don’t do that, is because the loophole they use, to keep their favorite teams successful, would be closed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
May might of been told that at the start of the year/earlier in the year but by the end of the year he'd be a priority for Rooster to extend. I guess it depends how much being told you are unwanted a while ago means to him. I know at Raider Horse and Ricky had a similar situation and Horse stayed so hopefully for us this is different. That's also a really bad post if they have no evidence.