WWOS MOLE Terrell May

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. If his manager is doing his job he should be sounding out the Roosters about an earlier release with at least 3 props ahead of him there
Maybe they are compensating these bench players with good coin under the table to stick around for depth? Who knows? But any sane player agent with a decent middle is surely contacting the Bulldogs. Whyte would be a guaranteed starter at our club,

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#@$% bet you he wasn't even on our radar. We could have made an offer to Tukupa-Ke Hau Tapuha from the Sharks also if we'd acted a bit sooner
I think Sharks paid him well and Gus wasn’t going to pay overs for a rookie (imo)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sharks paid him well and Gus wasn’t going to pay overs for a rookie (imo)
No we never made an offer despite him proving a handful for our forwards in the trial. He also stood out in the NRL game and got over our tryline twice remember. We made an enquiry with his manager after the NRL game but he'd extended with the Sharks only days before on a development contract. Looks like Whyte was never on our radar either. Don't know what the f..k our recruitment team are doing. If we'd got these 2 young big props we'd be pretty sweet for next year

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No we never made an offer despite him proving a handful for our forwards in the trial. He also stood out in the NRL game and got over our tryline twice remember. We made an enquiry with his manager after the NRL game but he'd extended with the Sharks only days before on a development contract. Looks like Whyte was never on our radar either. Don't know what the f..k our recruitment team are doing. If we'd got these 2 young big props we'd be pretty sweet for next year
Seems strange the club had “no idea” about a couple of young middles with potential, particularly that it’s clear we are deficient in that area….maybe Gus is looking for an experienced middle? Who the fk knows but if they’re not aware of contracts for the best young middles coming through, something is broken. I doubt it though, Gus is knowledgeable and measured.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems strange the club had “no idea” about a couple of young middles with potential, particularly that it’s clear we are deficient in that area….maybe Gus is looking for an experienced middle? Who the fk knows but if they’re not aware of contracts for the best young middles coming through, something is broken. I doubt it though, Gus is knowledgeable and measured.
I reached out to 2 of our recruitment managers by email following the NRL game against the Sharks. One of them (Hartigan) said he knew Tapuha because he signed him as a teenager when he was working at the Roosters. He said we were discussing him just an hour before I sent my email. Next day he said we contacted the manager but he had just re-signed with the Sharks then I noticed an article in the media about it. We should have been on the ball a lot earlier with this one (22yo 6'5 and 114kgs) especially after he stood out in the trial against us. He'd already debuted in NRL for the Roosters so it's not like he was unknown. I'd be surprised if we made an enquiry on Whyte. We need some young big props desperately but we don't seem to be doing the job well in identifying or contacting them in time. Some player managers don't do the best job for their clients either.

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Source: NRL.com

The Roosters have extended the contract of rising forward Terrell May through to the end of the 2026 season.

Since making his NRL debut in 2022, the 24-year-old has played 32 games for the Roosters.

"I love being part of the team here and I’m grateful to have the opportunity to represent the Red, White and Blue for another two years," May said.

Meanwhile, Rabbitohs rookie Jye Gray signed a two-year extension with the club ahead of his NRL debut on Saturday against the Sharks.

A 20-year-old livewire who is comfortable at fullback or in the halves, Gray is the fastest player at Souths over 20 metres.

“I’m just so grateful for the opportunity that Souths have given me to play for this club,” said Gray, who is now committed to the Rabbitohs until 2026.

“We have a great playing group here and I can’t wait to run out with the boys in my debut on the weekend."

The Dragons, meanwhile, have announced a one-year contract extension for Michael Molo through to the end of the 2025 season.

Dragons coach Shane Flanagan is confident the forward will play a greater role for the team moving forward.

“He is just coming into his best football and we look forward to seeing his development over the next season and a half," Flanagan said.

Sydney Roosters enforcer Lindsay Collins has signed a two-year extension that will see him remain with the club through to the end of the 2028 season.

The 27-year-old was already secured until 2026, however the Roosters have moved quickly to retain him on a long-term deal to lead the team forward after Jared Waerea-Hargreaves departs at the end of this season.

Collins has played 94 NRL games since making his debut for the Roosters in 2017 and has represented Queensland and Australia.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson has been pleased to rebuild his pack and backed Collins to take on more responsibility when JWH moves on.

“Lindsay’s key in both being a leading prop for us but also a leader,” Robinson said.

“He’s gone into that captain’s group for the first time this year so securing those two things, a leading prop in the game plus one of our captains gives surety in your group for a long period of time. It’s nice to look around and see Lindsay here.”

Meanwhile, Storm centre Nick Meaney has signed a contract extension that keeps him in Melbourne until at least the end of the 2026 season.

Meaney joined the Storm in 2022 after stints at Canterbury and Newcastle and has now racked up 52 games and 24 tries for the men in purple.

“Making the move to Melbourne has been a great decision career-wise and just for life in general,” Meaney said.

"I really felt at home quickly both here at the club and living in Melbourne. I’ve made a home here with my family and I’m really happy to have my future sorted until the end of the 2026 season."

Two-time premiership winning hooker Mitch Kenny has agreed to a new three-year deal which will see him remain at the Panthers until at least the end of the 2027 season.

"I really believe that this club can do a lot of special things over the next couple of years, so I’m happy to be on board, be along with the journey and help some of the younger guys coming through too."

A local junior who progressed through the club’s pathways system, Kenny has played 86 top-flight games for the Panthers since making his debut in 2019 and played a big role in their 2022 and 2023 grand final wins.

“I'm thrilled to commit to the Panthers because this place is home to me,” Kenny said.

“Ivan Cleary and everyone at the club have supported me from the beginning, and I’m excited to repay the faith to them.

“It's great to have the opportunity to continue wearing the Panthers jersey and representing our community for another three seasons.”

Kiwi international Matt Timoko has re-signed with the Raiders until at least the end of 2026 with an option for a further two seasons.

The 24-year-old has enjoyed a rapid rise since coming into first-grade with 20 tries in his 64 appearances to date, as well as a recent debut for New Zealand during their successful 2023 Pacific Championships campaign.

“This club has done a lot," he said. "The big thing I can see with this club is there is a clear pathway of where they want to get to and there’s a lot of emerging talent.