Tell me why next year won't be the same?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honest question. Will the team just train harder in the off-season and things will click into gear?

Critchton is coming but how does he make a difference?

I honestly can't see why this team won't be bottom 9 again next year unless some drastic changes are made between now and march next year.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah feeling the same. You can add Crichton or anyone else, but when you watch those first 2 tries get scored, after 24 rounds of playing together, followed by the rabble of attack thereafter, it’s hard to see how another off season helps.

We have been walloped this year so many times and that will carry into 2024

It’s bleak, almost more bleak than I have felt in the last 5 years. Ironically, the team in 2024 will prob be better, on paper, than at any point in the last 5 years

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Honest question. Will the team just train harder in the off-season and things will click into gear?

I honestly can't see why this team won't be bottom 9 again next year unless some drastic changes are made between now and march next year.
In the words of the great Timothy B Schmit of The Eagles “I Can’t Tell You Why.”

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It's getting to the stage where we can no longer blame the "cattle". There will be some big names on good money.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro you always do this every loss. We played with 11 players at one stage and 12 players for 20 minutes.
Ref keeps blowing six agains for no reason,
Preston was disallowed a try and that was a 12 point turnaround, look at the second half only 2 try’s for the nights.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish I had confidence it will improve. But the defence has been ultra shit. Players falling for dummies like an under 6 team. Our backline will be class, but whether they play to their standard is yet to be seen. Still unsure if we'll have any noteable improvement in the forwards. I'm really worried at this point.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will probably be the same, I have zero confidence in a rookie coach.

If we had a coach with a proven track record I'd be able to point to some reasons why we will improve.

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
injury’s have played a big part in why we’ve been so shit, as well as losing matches because of dud ref calls (ie. warriors game) having a full pre-season with a half back should take our squad to a higher level. defence has to improve dramatically

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Well Gus recons we haven't gone backwards this year. I beg to differ lol

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People think we are covered in the backs next year, though to be honest we lack outside backs who carry the ball back with gusto and get the sets rolling

Skelton is a must next on the wing next year just for this reason

JAC has never been a player who gets the sets rolling off his carries. He has been quite poor this season

Hopefully Xerri provides that impact from his carries

Mahoney tries hard, but the bloke needs to drop weight and get fitter

We need 3 props as a minimum

I don't think Burton is a 6, but next year is do or die for him in the #6 jersey

Gus needs to bring in experienced hardass coaches around CC

These "past" players aren't doing much for this crop of players

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah seems like we are stuck in this nightmare and there isn’t any light at the end of the tunnel. Honest ffs I’m mentally and physically drained from supporting this crop of shit. I might need a break from league in all honesty. 7 years of this diabolical club and it doesn’t even look like it’s gonna end.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are totally ruined as a club so sad seeing a team play this shit all year

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We had massive injuries, dud calls go against us along the way.
I have never given Ciraldo shit because I feel any coach deserves time but the fact is after 24 rounds we have shown zero improvement. Thats the fact of the matter and no-one can convince me otherwise.
Gus is set on "building for the future". Our forwards are SAF and there doesn't to seem to be troops arriving.
I have zero confidence of improving because Ive seen nothing to indicate we will.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

no we certainly need props if we want to be a half decent side, Pangai and King arent the answer at all.