TELE :: NRL stars Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano in plus-size model campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-stars-frank-pritchard-and-sam-kasiano-in-plus-size-model-campaign/story-fndujljl-1227259031080

STEREOTYPES can quickly change when put under the spotlight of reality.
For the past five years, the public perception of Bulldogs big men Sam Kasiano and Frank Pritchard has been nothing but big and barnstorming.
Fuelled by their fearsome on-field persona, it’s a fair assumption to make. Look beyond the bash and the barge though and you’ll discover two blokes who are friendly and down-to-earth.
Big League caught up with the pair outside of their usual surroundings of dressing sheds and football fields at a Waterloo, Sydney studio for a Johnny Big plus size menswear winter campaign shoot.
The duo has swapped training in the summer sun for the catwalk — and they love it.

“I’m a shorts and singlet man, so you won’t see me wearing a suit unless I’m in the office behind a desk,” Pritchard jokes.
“I don’t get to do modelling too much, so I’m just enjoying the ride. It’s something different trying on some clothes and doing a bit of a photo shoot.”
Kasiano is equally excited about the modelling opportunity, especially with clothing that fits his hulking 120-kilo frame.
“It’s good fun and it’s great to finally get some clothes that I can get into,” he smiles.
“This is the first time I’ve actually been able to fit into a suit, Johnny Big style.”

Watching Kasiano and Pritchard ham it up on the catwalk, it’s clear how comfortable they are in each other’s presence and their manager insists they are virtually “family” and regularly help each other out in life.
“Oh they are inseparable,” their manager Mario Tartak says. “It’s like big brother and little brother. Their relationship is phenomenal and they pretty much do everything together.
“Frank has been a shining light for Sam and has really taken him under his wing. Frank is an old dog who has played 13 years in the game, so he has gone out of his way to look after Sam and show him the way — bringing him up and making sure things don’t go to his head.
“They only live about four streets away from each other and Frank has also provided a lot of guidance for Sam, whether it is financially or with family.
“Sam has got a wife and a little boy and they are always over at each other’s places in Liverpool and they regularly hang out together.”

Bromance...love it!

~cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.