Teddy officially signs with the roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the best to Tedesco. If I was in the same situation and took my bulldogs glasses off, it's the right move. He'll get everything he wants and more.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think so , they've been fine tuning their cap rorting skills for 2 decades now. They are very good at it.Short of someone giving them up ( as was the case with us) I cant see the rorters getting done.
Yep from memory that dodgy Greek guy who was in business with Keating (piggery scandal thing) gave us up. Same thing happened to the Storm too when someone informed about their 2 sets of books. Parra was just too stupid and brazen about it leaving all their records and conversations in their meeting minutes and on invoices etc.

All the other fines have been minor for stuff. The NRL has never been able to proactively catch anyone for widespread rorting and probably won't be able to any time soon.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know what is the funniest thing when the Roosters announce a nice new marquee signing? ......the majority of the players they have said may not be recontracted usually are. Tupou, I think, has been one that they constantly, miraculously re-sign after having said they need to shed players to accommodate new.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tedesco is the biggest Bondi boy out, it makes perfect sense for him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's the Bondi lifestyle, get coffee and go to the beach every day.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I dont understand is when we signed Woods, and maybe Foran, we apparently have to lose Reynolds, Graham, Lichaa, Eastwood, Hopoate, Mbye, Tolman.. blah blah.

This from a team who nobody rates to get in the top 8, and only a couple of rep players.

When one of the premiership favourites stacked full of rep players, signs another rep player on a multi million dollar contract, no one bats an eyelid.

Shits me up the wall
Rooster have Politis. We've got crap. As least Dib and Castle have shown us something......how great Bullfrog was.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ummm we sign Rona to wing, B Morris to fullback. Even blind Freddy could see where I was going with that.
This was actually my question. Can rona play fullback? As you say, even blind freddy knows that bmoz' body will struggle fulltime at fb.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And...now Tedesco has fired a shot across the bow by blaming Cleary for putting a deadline on the negotiations.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...y/news-story/d9f0a8bd677fdc3373113b724024dc56

JAMES Tedesco says he may have remained a West Tiger had new coach Ivan Cleary not imposed a deadline on him to re-sign.

The star NRL fullback, who signed a four-year deal to join the Sydney Roosters next season on Thursday, also criticised the Tigers’ decision to make the deadline public.

In an open interview with Sydney radio station C91.3FM, Tedesco revealed the Tigers ruined their own chances of keeping him.

“Ivan told me and my management that he wanted an answer by Friday that week and we both sort of said to him that we weren’t ready to make a decision yet,” Tedesco said.

“He was pretty adamant that he wanted an answer by the end of the week and that’s why he put a deadline out and they made it public too and I didn’t think there was a need for that because it just played out more in the media.

“Ivan wanted to explore other options if I wasn’t on board. They made that decision to put a deadline on us and we’d already told them that week that I wasn’t ready.

“Last contract negotiations I was, not rushed, but I made the decision earlier than I wanted to and I had to backflip on it so we told them that we needed more time, but they put the deadline on us.”
He admitted telling teammates on Thursday that he was leaving was a difficult moment.

“It was a tough time telling all the boys yesterday,” he said.

“I think half the boys already knew, but I had to make it official. It was obviously a tough interview, but it’s good to get it out. It’s obviously played out in the media the last few months so it’s good to get it done.

“Everyone was obviously disappointed, but some boys already understood that I was going. It was a tough interview to tell them. They’re the best mates that I’ve played with. I was a Wests junior so guys like … (David Nofoaluma) and Jesse Sue, I’ve played all my juniors with.

“It’s going to be weird not playing with them, but we don’t know what might happen in the future.

“It was tough to tell them. I love those boys. They all understand. They’re all close enough mates to understand that we’ll still be mates even if we’re not in the same team.”

Tedesco is living with two Wests Tigers teammates in Hunters Hill, but says he will consider leaving to a place closer to Bondi and the Roosters headquarters at Moore Park.

Roosters club legend Anthony Minichiello on Thursday said his club had signed Tedesco as he is heading into the best years of his career.

Tedesco’s departure from the Wests Tigers was made official on Thursday, with the 24-year-old to join the Roosters on a four-year deal from next year.

He’s already the reigning Dally M fullback of the year and incumbent NSW State of Origin No. 1 after making his debut in the last game of the 2016 series, but Roosters ambassador Minichiello, a mate and mentor who played a key role in securing Tedesco, says that is just scratching the surface of what he can achieve.
When asked if he might have remained at the Tigers if the deadline was not imposed, he said: “Yeah, possibly”.

“We needed more time and they needed a decision quickly. Ivan came to the club, and I still didn’t know how he was as a coach and I think he’s been great personally as a coach, we’ve had some really strong results with him.

“It was just disappointing to have that deadline put on us. That’s the way they wanted to do it and we can’t really do much about it now.”

He admitted telling teammates on Thursday that he was leaving was a difficult moment.

“It was a tough time telling all the boys yesterday,” he said.

“I think half the boys already knew, but I had to make it official. It was obviously a tough interview, but it’s good to get it out. It’s obviously played out in the media the last few months so it’s good to get it done.

“Everyone was obviously disappointed, but some boys already understood that I was going. It was a tough interview to tell them. They’re the best mates that I’ve played with. I was a Wests junior so guys like … (David Nofoaluma) and Jesse Sue, I’ve played all my juniors with.

“It’s going to be weird not playing with them, but we don’t know what might happen in the future.

“It was tough to tell them. I love those boys. They all understand. They’re all close enough mates to understand that we’ll still be mates even if we’re not in the same team.”

Tedesco is living with two Wests Tigers teammates in Hunters Hill, but says he will consider leaving to a place closer to Bondi and the Roosters headquarters at Moore Park.

Roosters club legend Anthony Minichiello on Thursday said his club had signed Tedesco as he is heading into the best years of his career.

Tedesco’s departure from the Wests Tigers was made official on Thursday, with the 24-year-old to join the Roosters on a four-year deal from next year.

He’s already the reigning Dally M fullback of the year and incumbent NSW State of Origin No. 1 after making his debut in the last game of the 2016 series, but Roosters ambassador Minichiello, a mate and mentor who played a key role in securing Tedesco, says that is just scratching the surface of what he can achieve.

“He (Tedesco) is a fantastic player — a young kid who’s willing to learn and wants to improve his game,” Minichiello said.

“He’s a great signing for us. He’s definitely got potential to be one of the best fullbacks in the game, without doubt.

“He can go on to represent NSW for a long time and eventually Australia as well.” Tedesco appears set to replace 33-year-old Roosters fullback Michael Gordon, who’s on a one-year deal, though Minichiello hoped Gordon could be retained at the club.

“He (Gordon) is a great guy, great player, great goalkicker. I’ve always admired the way he plays and he’s been in fantastic form this year,,” he said.

“Roosters young gun Latrell Mitchell had been viewed as a potential long-term fullback though he has made his best impression at centre this season. “Competition for spots is good,” said Minichiello.

“You want a strong roster. That’s what brings the best out of players.”

Confirmation of Tedesco’s departure means Wests Tigers have failed to keep three of their biggest off-contract stars, with captain Aaron Woods (Canterbury) and five-eighth Mitchell Moses (Parramatta) also to exit, while halfback Luke Brooks signed a new two-year deal.

New Tigers coach Ivan Cleary has moved quickly to fill the gaps since his recent arrival, signing Kiwis international prop Ben Matulino and Bulldogs five eighth Josh Reynolds.

Anticipating Tedesco’s exit, the Tigers have shown interest in out-of-favour but talented Warriors player Tui Lolohea.

“I like the way Lolohea plays but that’s up to Ivan and what he wants to build at the club,” said Minichiello.

“He’s already made some good signings...I think he’s trying to build a different culture there, which is a good thing.”

— with AAP

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The did it in the right order: Sign Tedesco THEN Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.