Team vs Roosters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers at least have an ELITE fullback in Laurie and a very good 9 (he's injured at the moment but he's good) and Hastins is very solid. That's 3 out of the 4 in your spine. We have 1 out of 4 in Burton.
I wouldn't say Laurie's an elite fullback. I'd still have him in the unproven/potential bracket, somewhere between do the job/quality if I had to place him somewhere but too early to put him in a bracket imo. Their 9 isn't much better than JMK imo (if we're talking about Simpkin, he's similar to Laurie, unproven/potential bracket).

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this should be the team fair dinkum:

1. Brent Naden
2. Jayden Okunbor (His PCMs)
3. Jake Averillo
4. Corey Waddell (He'd tidy up the defence and provides a link to the Foxx)
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Bradon Wakeham
7. Matt Dufty (The best ball playing skills we've got at the club)
8. Ava Seumanafagai (forward leader)
9. Jeremy Marshall King
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tevita Pangai Jr.
12. Josh Jackson
13. Matt Burton (He's a better lock)

Bench
14. Kyle Flanagan (Can play hooker when King is tired)
15. Aaron Schoupp (Use him as a 2nd rower)
16. Max King
17. Luke Thompson
Okunbor will cost us 3 try’s a game average.
Waddell cannot pass the ball. He is one of the main reasons JAC doesn’t see the ball.
Averillo needs time in Reggie’s
Leave Dufty at FB his kicking game isn’t up to being a 7.
Burton could be a very good 13. Unless we land someone like Munster though we need him at 6.
Jackson as a bench running middle at best. He cannot play on an edge.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few jinking runs ??

I must of been watching another game. The game I was watching had a guy named Kiraz carrying defenders and still moving forward. Haven’t seen an outside back do that since the Utai days. Again we must have been watching different games.
He was electric with pretty much every touch.

Both centres were great

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbaz will just use liquid paper to delete the date and use the same ol same ol if they're all back from covid.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Laurie's an elite fullback. I'd still have him in the unproven/potential bracket, somewhere between do the job/quality if I had to place him somewhere but too early to put him in a bracket imo. Their 9 isn't much better than JMK imo (if we're talking about Simpkin, he's similar to Laurie, unproven/potential bracket).
Simpkin is very good will be every bit as good as Grant, there's a reason they kept him. Laurie is in the top 5-6 fullbacks, that's top level...and they have a halfback we don't

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK to the bench please - start with BBO, Cook, basically anyone but JMK. Jacko to the bench also.

We probably have to stick with Flanagan now but fuck he's terrible at creating any attack. Plays like a sluggish stick creature.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simpkin is very good will be every bit as good as Grant, there's a reason they kept him. Laurie is in the top 5-6 fullbacks, that's top level...and they have a halfback we don't
Geez mate are you related to those guys. Simpkin is nowhere near Grant and never will be. Also the following fullbacks are well ahead of Laurie :

Turbo
Teddy
Latrell
Ponga
Papenhausen
Gutho
Walsh
Kennedy
Edwards

He might be 10th. Hardly elite

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah, this is my team

1. Kiraz
2. Kiraz
3. Kiraz
4. Kiraz
5. Kiraz
6. Kiraz
7. Kiraz
8. Kiraz
9.Kiraz
10. Kiraz
11. Kiraz
12.Kiraz
13.Kiraz

14. Kiraz
15. Kiraz
16.Kiraz
17. Kiraz
Who's your captain and goal kicker??

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez mate are you related to those guys. Simpkin is nowhere near Grant and never will be. Also the following fullbacks are well ahead of Laurie :

Turbo
Teddy
Latrell
Ponga
Papenhausen
Gutho
Walsh
Kennedy
Edwards

He might be 10th. Hardly elite
He's better than the last 4 at least! Really rate Laurie, reminds me a bit of Bowen at his best. Simpkin is very good.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Simpkin's nothing compared to Grant when he was coming through. Trust me I was massive on Grant even before he debuted...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of problems for sure. But one major weakness is the lack of on field leadership.
Jackson is a failure as a leader, but needed for his defence. Due to his failures, JAC has tried to lead from the wing.
I would make Burton as skipper. He is trying to organise things now but Jackson keeps getting in the way.
Unfortunately there is just no-one worthy of the captaincy at present.
Burton has had enough pressure placed on him already. Secondly, he's been average.
We need a leader, we just dont have one.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers at least have an ELITE fullback in Laurie and a very good 9 (he's injured at the moment but he's good) and Hastins is very solid. That's 3 out of the 4 in your spine. We have 1 out of 4 in Burton.
Lol @ Laurie being an elite. Elite is the likes of Turbo, Tedesco, etc. Laurie is solid nothing more than that.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Schoupp
4. Kiraz
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Hoffman
12. TPJ
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Ava
16. King
17. Stimson

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Personally I won't waste my time assembling a team that quite simply won't get picked. Tbaz will pick his usual non performers, will say the same shite in next weeks presser, Gus will deny any plan to replace him and we will be in the same spot this time next week but with another week wasted. But be patient!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frustrating to be a fan at the moment as we CAN do better, and we ARE in games, but then tend to fade out, and that's what lets opposition back in.

Like how many times this season do we concede points straight after a try? I think Broncos was the only time we haven't done it.

Most of our games though there seems to be a pinpoint/defining moment where it all goes to shit and the points then start to pile on.

Get that shit sorted and I reckon we can win some games.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On paper it's 50/50 with Tigers roster who have beaten Eels and Rabbitohs back to back. You still need to find a way to win with the roster that we have. We have the worst coach in the NRL, fact.
IMO, Burton is the only spine player that potentally makes their team..douhei may hold the 6.