Official Team List Round 23 v Eels + Match Discussion

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was a big effort in D for a debutant.. Topine also had his best game... both sucked last week.. who didnt? This week is a better gauge on both.
There's nothing to gauge, it's clear what type of player he is already and what he offers. You either bench him and play through the middle or you drop him completely and replace him with a genuine prop.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Topine is miles better on an edge.
U reckon? I still think Topine would be best suited to working hard through the middle. How’s his passing game? I’ve always envisaged him in the #13 jersey for us once JJ is put out to pasture.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
U reckon? I still think Topine would be best suited to working hard through the middle. How’s his passing game? I’ve always envisaged him in the #13 jersey for us once JJ is put out to pasture.
He's gone so it doesn't matter.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's nothing to gauge, it's clear what type of player he is already and what he offers. You either bench him and play through the middle or you drop him completely and replace him with a genuine prop.
You my be right but jury is still out in my opinion.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter to change the line up before kick off, imagine if he out coaches Arthur again!

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who said his gone? I highly fukn doubt that... Big V is right... he would make a superb lock.
Don't forget locks pass the ball to promote the attack like Yeo, Radley, Murray etc

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
moses is back for parra as well.. wouldn't surprise me if we lose by 30 if thompson and tpj don't play
Moses is named but I’d suggest he doesn’t play and they give him another week to let his finger heal.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Rewarding mediocrity has been the Bulldogs way for so long.
Willing to give the young bloke a chance but being rewarded with a starting spot after running 19 metres in 73 minutes is laughable
It’s all about next season. Give the boys minutes. TPJ with his back issues is likely to not play again this season. Thompson I’m not sure of what the play is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was moved on in the off-season. Just let him get to 100% so it’s easier for another club to see he is ready to go. Could see the raiders or storm grabbing him with some cash thrown in by us.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the psychological wood on them, Saturday afternoons are always good.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Round 23 Team News: Edwards to start against Eels
View attachment 58139

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will face off against the Parramatta Eels at CommBank Stadium on Saturday 20th August, kicking off at 3:00PM AEST in Round 23 of the 2022 NRL Premiership.

Forward Harrison Edwards has been named to start for the second week running. The Tuncurry-Forster local junior made the run-on side against the New Zealand Warriors, after Mick Potter opted to start Edwards in Auckland.

No.PlayerSponsor
1​
Jake Averillo​
AIWC
2​
Jacob Kiraz​
3​
Aaron Schoupp​
4​
Braidon Burns​
5​
Josh Addo-Carr​
6​
Matt Burton​
7​
Kyle Flanagan​
8​
Max King​
9​
Jeremy Marshall-King​
10​
Paul Vaughan​
11​
Harrison Edwards​
12​
Ray Faitala-Mariner​
13​
Josh Jackson (C)​
Interchange​
14​
Zach Dockar-Clay​
15​
Joe Stimson​
16​
Jackson Topine​
17​
Chris Patolo​
Reserves​
19​
Declan Casey​
20​
Bailey Biondi-Odo​
21​
Brandon Wakeham​
22​
Luke Thompson​
23​
Tevita Pangai Junior​

Match page: https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2022/round-23/eels-v-bulldogs/ (Eels team list)
Desperately need TPJ and Thompson in the side. Surely Skelton deserves a run to even BBO.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't forget locks pass the ball to promote the attack like Yeo, Radley, Murray etc
Topine can pass... He had that stint as the utility for Pay and played dummy half.