Official Team List Round 12 v Dragons + Match Discussion

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt score more than 16 all season with barrett. 2 games without him and we have scored more than 20 each time. Lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We can only hope
I reckon that’s the plan mate. Be very surprised if he’s here in 3 months.
furner is the defence coach and if we the BULLDOGS supporters can see that the defence was absolute shit..... what the fuck is wrong with the people that run this shit show, can't they see the disgusting effort in defence today, furner was a plodder and could't tackle a tackle bag fucking usless.
People, just remember what Gus said in his first interview about defence and fitness...
2 are gone 2 to go

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Furner was a great player and anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know their ass from a hat.

As a coach though he is rubbish.

People on here focus on our attack, however IMO our defence is an even bigger problem. We have basically been averaging 30 points against us for over a year. You ain’t gunna win many games with a record like that.

timedog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Furner was a great player and anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know their ass from a hat.

As a coach though he is rubbish.

People on here focus on our attack, however IMO our defence is an even bigger problem. We have basically been averaging 30 points against us for over a year. You ain’t gunna win many games with a record like that.

I agree, made a mistake in my assesment of furner was trying to say his coaching ability is nowhwere near as (I was correctly put in my place for) good as his playing days. As someone on here I think said with defence comes attack?? is that right?

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Shocking goal line defence..to see jacko get caught going the wrong way at marker....please potter drop duffy now to the reserves

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After today’s performance anyone else think the Fox may have played himself out of a blues jersey and Kiraz maybe into one?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Just finished watching the replay as I missed it live.

Well, the one glaring mistake we were making over and over, was trying to score without building pressure. We gave away a lot of possession playing like that and inviting them to exploit our embarrassing goal line defence.

Burton needs to chill out thinking he is ready for big money. His kicking in the first half made it so hard for us and gave them so much field position and points.

Our discipline improved dramatically but our incompetence tried to make up for it. lol

It was a good game to watch but shit because we ruined too many chances to win that game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Dragons didn't even try to win, we gave it to them on a platter. Way too many errors from our end. Kicks out on the full, kicks too long (Burton had a shocker first half), drop balls in the play the ball, strips, touching the ball on the last resulting in a 6 again, over the side-line, passing to invisible players... we'd get momentum and just have it broken with something stupid. If you take all that out we didn't play too bad with the ball but there was just way too much of it. Also our goal line defence is POOR, literally no confidence in it. Dragons tries sucked.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Dragons didn't even try to win, we gave it to them on a platter. Way too many errors from our end. Kicks out on the full, kicks too long (Burton had a shocker first half), drop balls in the play the ball, strips, touching the ball on the last resulting in a 6 again, over the side-line, passing to invisible players... we'd get momentum and just have it broken with something stupid. If you take all that out we didn't play too bad but there was just way too much of it.
Mate we scored enough points to win. JAC coming out of the defensive line twice and those very soft tries under the post at the end was despicable. Like are we serious with Dufty by himself defending under the posts right in front of the ruck. Where were our middles? Where’s the urgency? Where’s our attitude?

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, can't wait for Kiraz's NSW debut.
Yeah I’m looking forward to it also. With Kiraz and JMK in the blues side I’d probably think about playing Burton in the centres. Cos you know the whole Bulldogs connection.