Team against the knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can"t see the logic in moving Tracey from one. Can't see the logic in picking Taffe at 14 when he will not not cope with playing in the centre among the forwards. He is unlucky but I couldn't find a spot for him in the 17 currently. Also can't see the logic in playing Taffe at 7 before playing him thrre in the Dogs NSW Cup side, I also don't think they will move Papali'i from the fullback role in NSW Cup. What happens with Taffe, Tracey, Papali'i and Sexton over the coming month will be very interesting.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
While I too ask, ‘where does he fit’, Wilson unluckiest player in NRL or close to. Always plays well. Hope they’re looking after him.
My favourite winger at the club when it comes to value for money. Hopefully he's back from virus soon

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Xerri will be dropped to make way for Tracy on the wing. Kiraz will go back to centre and Taaffe straight back to fullback. Cirro won’t drop Hutch not yet anyway.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Xerri will be dropped to make way for Tracy on the wing. Kiraz will go back to centre and Taaffe straight back to fullback. Cirro won’t drop Hutch not yet anyway.
Highly doubt Xerri is getting dropped after last week's game.
Interesting to see what happens i too am not against Tracey at fb but Taaffe deserves to stay in f.g imo..and it's more likely than not Hutch plays again so wtf knows which way he goes someone is going to be stiff to miss out.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be tough for Cameron this week against the knights. Connor had a pearler of a game at fullback. Bronson was very strong with his carries good defensively and showed class with the ball. A surprise for me was Jake at lock hit like a sledge hammer, apart from the drop ball early played really well. Hutch was solid. Inmo Kitione needs to go back as mentioned by others to cup to tidy up a few things, has a lot of potential. Bailey started soft but started to show his class as the game went on.Chris is starting to get some confidence back in the middle. It was a great effort by the boys against a strong Storm outfit in Melbourne with half our team unavailable.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Taffee- ciraldo will bring him straight back in
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutchinson- he won't drop him
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kiks
12. Kautogo
13. Curran
14. Hayward
15. Morrin
16. Faamasili
17. Patolo

Any chance Preston back ?
Haven't heard anything,but imo he is zero chance of playing. They won't rush him back from a broken jaw, with the bye the following week.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Inmo Kitione needs to go back as mentioned by others to cup
...and he did back up to play Cup yesterday. Scored a good try.
He's obviously in the frame for when we're short on troops, but he's going to have to bide his time, work (very) hard and improve (a lot) because his effort on that last try was very poor - simply not up to our (new) NRL standard.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Fox
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahony
10. Hughes
11. Preston/Salmon
12. Kiks
13. Curran
14. Tracey
15. Morrin
16. Farmer Silly
17. Patola/Salmon

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm torn, I don't want Hutcho at 7 and it's clear he's cost us plenty of opportunities in attack... However do we just cop it for another week and defend our way to a win and change attacking combos during the bye round. That way the new 7 gets a start with most players back from injury.
we need to win against the knights...cannot have Hutchinson in the team this week...he has to go....put Taffe at half back and leave Tracey at fb

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked the ladder. Can’t believe we are 15th (again). That ain’t fair.

Last year when we played the knights at home they were 14th and we were 15th. Same as this year.

I think that was also a 2pm Sunday game.

Hoping that’s where the similarities stop ….

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just checked the ladder. Can’t believe we are 15th (again). That ain’t fair.

Last year when we played the knights at home they were 14th and we were 15th. Same as this year.

I think that was also a 2pm Sunday game.

Hoping that’s where the similarities stop ….
I'd we had beat the Rabbits like we should've then we would've been 11th. Then beat knights then Bye and we're probably top 8.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be able to handle the knights with the current set up (same as last week). I reckon send taafe down to reserves to get some reps in at halfback, and after the bye, put him in at 7. If it hasn’t already started, train taafe at hb during sessions. I think he can slot in straight away tbh, but who knows

As much as I’d love to ditch hutch, and I don’t think taafe is a proper fullback (scared under high ball), Ciro won’t do this. I’m disappointed that it’s taken this long for him to realise what we’ve all seen from the beginning. Tracey is the best fullback we have, and hutch is just a utility who shouldn’t be used regularly at the half

Ciro is growing on me but his main weakness is falling in love with players who are good trainers, and can’t judge how this doesn’t always translate to game time success

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Just need to keep Tracey at 1,, Xerri in the centres. Keep Liam knight out of first grade. Playing Taafe in at 7 would be a bonus. Go out there and get the win it’s a must win game

Status
Not open for further replies.