Team against the knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Katuoga or however it’s spelt is not good enough for FG. That last try he looked like he was stuck in mud and even in the roosters game if I recall correctly he we leaked one partially due to him.
With Xerri emerging and both our wingers fit only spot for Tracey is FB. His kick returns and overall athleticism is on a different level to Taafe, calm under the high ball too. Won’t be to critical on CC for who he goes with but I do think Tracey is tough as nails without the injuries he would be a starting NRL fullback week in week out.
Good call. I was a fan of Kautoga before the last 2 rounds. Kautoga needs to go back to Cup and show some more intensity and discipline. He only played 13 minutes the other night and couldn't make ANY effort on Blore - inexcusable. If Preston is not back, I'd rather have Billy Idol Knight. Patalo cannot be in the first grade side again unless he can at least play 30 minutes.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't know, but for mine the back 5 should be the same as against the Storm, Burton stays at 6, it will either be Hutchinson or Sexton at 7, both have been average or below NRL players. If King is fit, he comes back in either Turpin or Haywood drops out, Morrin should return so Kautoga drops out. Taffe unlucky, but is 18th man if Tracey remains at fullback, which is actually where Tracey started his season.
King and Morrin into the forwards, maybe Sexton in at 7.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Salmon injured or suspend? Alot of teams missing the Salmon

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro most likely will put Taafe back to FB thru loyalty.
Would much rather Tracey but we're talkin Ciro here and he has a def pattern of selections. Same reason he most likely wont drop Hutch.

But who knows. Gus might have a word lol.
I know that’s the problem he is persisting with combinations not form I’m no taafe hater he’s been doing well there is a spot for him somewhere just not fb for me

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tuesday will definitely be interesting from a team selection, 1st half of rooster game one of the better performances from a full back we have scene in dogs jersey for a few seasons, then Tracey comes and plays like he did vs the storm finally have some good competition for spots. For mine Taaffe at 14 and the back 5 stays the same for Newcastle.
Don’t want hutch at 7 but doubt Vito will change it for next game and when we get up against Newcastle he won’t change a winning formula

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Taffee- ciraldo will bring him straight back in
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutchinson- he won't drop him
8. Hughes
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kiks
12. Kautogo
13. Curran
14. Hayward
15. Morrin
16. Faamasili
17. Patolo

Any chance Preston back ?
Problem- Tracey was outstanding against Melbourne.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tuesday will definitely be interesting from a team selection, 1st half of rooster game one of the better performances from a full back we have scene in dogs jersey for a few seasons, then Tracey comes and plays like he did vs the storm finally have some good competition for spots. For mine Taaffe at 14 and the back 5 stays the same for Newcastle.
Don’t want hutch at 7 but doubt Vito will change it for next game and when we get up against Newcastle he won’t change a winning formula
Danny de Vito? ;)

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With everyone saying taafe at hb and Tracey at fb could we maybe go taafe at fb and Tracey at hb?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know, but for mine the back 5 should be the same as against the Storm, Burton stays at 6, it will either be Hutchinson or Sexton at 7, both have been average or below NRL players. If King is fit, he comes back in either Turpin or Haywood drops out, Morrin should return so Kautoga drops out. Taffe unlucky, but is 18th man if Tracey remains at fullback, which is actually where Tracey started his season.
King and Morrin into the forwards, maybe Sexton in at 7.
Who do you see as the better option at 14 out of Turpin or Haywood? Apart from Turpins dropped ball I thought his defence was excellent. Haywood offers more in attack thou.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have beat the third best team in the comp away from home with heaps of injuries.

Not sure we need too many changes.

On a side note, we would flog both of these sides playing now

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A decent backup/journeyman - not required in our top 17.

#15 is his best shot at first grade, but hopefully by seasons end we'll be mounting a serious challenge for top 8 and he probably won't be part of that (if we're all fit and firing).
Good summary bro. I'm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.