Rumour Taylan may bulldogs

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Cotric signed for 3 years and was released. But that’s probably off the cap now?
The Anderson’s signed him so I didn’t mention that one. They’re gone. Like I don’t mention Allan as it was gone by Khoury he no longer chair.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't think of many lol. That wasn't the point tho. The fact that we have had to clear out players is not ideal...but it has been necessary.
Exactly right. There is no one on that 21’ roster that should still be here as they were all shit.

Lets get behind the players we do have

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right. There is no one on that 21’ roster that should still be here as they were all shit.

Lets get behind the players we do have
Of course but there's quite a few that lots reckon shouldn't be there now also...and that hindsight will come into play again.

I'm just holding on till we start seeing some f/g results.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course but there's quite a few that lots reckon shouldn't be there now also...and that hindsight will come into play again.

I'm just holding on till we start seeing some f/g results.
The Dolphins coming in was bad timing for us. Our hope is the kids start pushing into the top grade over the next couple of years and we address the front row situation in that time. Success will come

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lomax is overrated, its pretty much out of parra and roosters
There was a rumour that Joseph Sua’ali’i is on the nose with the roosters and they want to move him regardless of what happens with union. Dragons and Roosters swap Lomax for Joseph..

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dolphins coming in was bad timing for us. Our hope is the kids start pushing into the top grade over the next couple of years and we address the front row situation in that time. Success will come
What players have the Dolphins got that we went for?

The only semi debatable one is Flegler because Roosters wanted him before Leinu and we had Leinu until Roosters missed out on Flegler. We never made an effort to get Flegler.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The only semi debatable one is Flegler because Roosters wanted him before Leinu and we had Leinu until Roosters missed out on Flegler. We never made an effort to get Flegler.
Very short sighted view. Another team creates competition for signatures across the board. Dolphins may have signed players other clubs wanted such as Flegler like you have mentioned. That means those clubs that wanted him have money to spend elsewhere potentially on players other clubs like us could have bought. I’m sure if dolphins weren’t in the comp a bottom 4 club would have made strong offers for the Bromwich boys or Felese Kaufusi to mention a few.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very short sighted view. Another team creates competition for signatures across the board. Dolphins may have signed players other clubs wanted such as Flegler like you have mentioned. That means those clubs that wanted him have money to spend elsewhere potentially on players other clubs like us could have bought. I’m sure if dolphins weren’t in the comp a bottom 4 club would have made strong offers for the Bromwich boys or Felese Kaufusi to mention a few.
We weren't interested in the Bromwich brothers. We should have been.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we should have been but I think my point sailed over your head bruz
We have signed 5 players in the last couple of years that are classified as marquee acquisitions - Burton, Fox, Kikau, Mahoney (yes an LOL but he is) and Crichton. We haven't fired a shot.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have signed 5 players in the last couple of years that are classified as marquee acquisitions - Burton, Fox, Kikau, Mahoney (yes an LOL but he is) and Crichton. We haven't fired a shot.
Bit rich putting Kikau & Critta in the same bracket as the others. I guess we’ll have to reconvene later in the year and see what impact they have had.

Are you going to be watching our Matt’s & Ball teams in the finals or is that too much sugar for your diet?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No he didn’t, he was playing for a contract for 2023 and beyond,

Article posted in 2021. A further 2 years would be 2022 and 2023?

JMK's gone on to do very well for Dolphin but he wasn't good enough here and was a massive problem (all we could judge him off at the time, signing Mahoney over him at the time was a massive upgrade). I guess that's the effect we have on players...

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Article posted in 2021. A further 2 years would be 2022 and 2023?

JMK's gone on to do very well for Dolphin but he wasn't good enough here and was a massive problem (all we could judge him off at the time, signing Mahoney over him at the time was a massive upgrade). I guess that's the effect we have on players...
My mistake I thought I remember saying he is playing his best football cause his contract was up.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake I thought I remember saying he is playing his best football cause his contract was up.
He’s played his best football under two decent coaches who allowed him to play his natural game

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flegler was never leaving Queensland