Tanking to change your FATE

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
I want to call out the Roosters for tanking against South Sydney last night to change their own path into week one of the finals, we all know regardless of what round it is in the competition Roosters v Souths is the biggest grudge match in rugby league history. Watching Souths tear the Roosters apart at easy last night, and to watch coach Robinson is the press conference after the game, so relaxed as if getting beaten 60-8 wasn't a big deal, confirmed my thoughts.

The Roosters were trying to change their path to win 3 Premierships in a row, they know their nemesis is the Melbourne Storm and the thought of playing them away on the Sunshine Coast next week, would result in the possibility of playing a sudden death game in week 2 of the finals. By losing last night, and hoping Parramatta beat the Tigers tonight, they would face Panthers away who they feel they have a better chance of beating, and it diverts Parramatta into the path of Melbourne who Parramatta have never beat away from home.

Ball is now in Parramatta's hands to decide which route they want to take into week 1 of the finals, anyone agree with my theory??

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be plausible if it wasn't for the fact the Eels could do the exact same thing to make the thumping a complete waste and embarrassment.

Eels will lose tonight and the Roosters will be facing the Storm anyway. Now with no momentum.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
by 4-6 points maybe by a record breaking 50 plus no way, they got pumped and look like they are out of gas can't see the threepeat happening

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you have the whistle boys on your side, you don’t need to tank!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be plausible if it wasn't for the fact the Eels could do the exact same thing to make the thumping a complete waste and embarrassment.

Eels will lose tonight and the Roosters will be facing the Storm anyway. Now with no momentum.
I don't believe that the roosters threw the game but Parra can't afford to lose.... If Parra lose and Raiders beat the sharks, Parra finish 5th.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very possible.. Somethings smells rotten out Bondi way..

The Rorter$ are media darlings, the media print TV etc are in their pockets thats why you will never hear a bad about them..

but they are the dirtiest shonkiest club in the whole comp..

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I 100% agree that the Roosters don't want to be playing Melbourne if they can avoid it.
Penrith haven't had the blowtorch applied to them at all this season, they are ripe for a fall IMO. Roosters, Souths and Raiders would all prefer to play Panthers than Storm, Panthers big test will come when they are under the pump, behind in a game and things aren't going their way. Then all that high-fiving funky handshake bro shit will go out the window. It always does.
Parra, Knights and Sharps are just making up the numbers, they've got zero chance of competing for the title.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s hard to see a team like the Chooks ‘allowing’ a 10 try shellacking against them, even if they were - ahem - ‘due for a loss’...
I do. Robinson is a fucking wanker... He's probably pre empted this loss into his GF speech already with some gay ass metaphor for their success and how they knew what was required blah blah blah

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did Sonny make a difference? :innocent:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
probably something to that affect, there's no way in hell they give up 60 if something was on the line

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
South’s tanked against us the week before to hand the broncos there maiden spoon lol
But that was ruthless from the bunny’s last night

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to call out the Roosters for tanking against South Sydney last night to change their own path into week one of the finals, we all know regardless of what round it is in the competition Roosters v Souths is the biggest grudge match in rugby league history. Watching Souths tear the Roosters apart at easy last night, and to watch coach Robinson is the press conference after the game, so relaxed as if getting beaten 60-8 wasn't a big deal, confirmed my thoughts.

The Roosters were trying to change their path to win 3 Premierships in a row, they know their nemesis is the Melbourne Storm and the thought of playing them away on the Sunshine Coast next week, would result in the possibility of playing a sudden death game in week 2 of the finals. By losing last night, and hoping Parramatta beat the Tigers tonight, they would face Panthers away who they feel they have a better chance of beating, and it diverts Parramatta into the path of Melbourne who Parramatta have never beat away from home.

Ball is now in Parramatta's hands to decide which route they want to take into week 1 of the finals, anyone agree with my theory??
100% agree. Made a similar suggestion on snother thread early this morning.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Very interesting theory. Even credible. But I really don't think the roosters are the type of team to deliberately lose, especially 60-8.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You're selling the Rabbitohs short.

theu have been dominating recently and as was pitched out in my failed UnderS bet, the rabbits poured 5 tries in the last 15 mins when the game was already over.
Why would they tank then?

besides,60 is embarrassing.
Competitive and successful athletes are just not wired this way, to lay down arms and get reamed. They just don't do this. Especially macho atheists like rugby players.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The theory makes absolutely no sense for the simple fact that if they wanted to lose they just had to rest the entire side like Melbourne are doing.

Why pick your best side minus 2 or 3 players and risk injury and humiliation if your secret goal is to lose the game lol.