Tallis: "Barba should pay his own transfer fee"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
can we really release a contracted player like this? can we do the same with trex ? just askin
don't write off trex yet, i know he's lazy and up to now done jack, but he's starting to look more settled and fitting in, sooner or later he's going to realise what he's got and how to use it.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that if Barba is currently on $400k for the next 2 years, Broncos should pay that to the Bulldogs & get adjusted in the cap.

If this was enforced it would make it less likely for clubs to sign contracted players unless they are happy to pay a premium for the player & to the club. It would also ensure players honour their contract or thin twice about signing long term deals without consequences.

It seems quite logical to me as clubs invest a lot of money & effort into players.

It would also be interesting to ask what Des really thinks of him now as he was the one that has been saving his ass!

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I suggested in my other thread, the nrl should evaluate barbas current market value. The broncos can sign him for that much under their cap but only pay him what he's currently on and pay us the difference. Then we get the difference between his value and his current contract as a salary cap concession so we can get a fair replacement.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
& here I was thinking that Gordon Tallis could only write in crayon. It made for a good read. It all makes sense to me, I am glad he is sticking it to these boys. Didnt Inglis want to be home at Brisbane cause he was home sick... Then got a better deal through Bunnies and got on the next plane out of there.

Great article.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
& here I was thinking that Gordon Tallis could only write in crayon. It made for a good read. It all makes sense to me, I am glad he is sticking it to these boys. Didnt Inglis want to be home at Brisbane cause he was home sick... Then got a better deal through Bunnies and got on the next plane out of there.

Great article.
To be fair Inglis would've likely stayed at the Storm permanently but given that they broke the salary cap by immense amounts, and Inglis was probably at the time the most expendable of the big 4 he was let go more than anything else.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If ben wants to leave the dogs to be with his family, so be it. We should release him with the condition he doesn't join another team till his contract his finished. He could get a normal job like the rest of the fathers who don't get to be with their kids

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If ben wants to leave the dogs to be with his family, so be it. We should release him with the condition he doesn't join another team till his contract his finished. He could get a normal job like the rest of the fathers who don't get to be with their kids
Interesting. That might test his "homesickness".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
On tv just before it said that rumour is the dogs are asking Broncos for $300k transfer fee to release him. Didnt we get more for SBW from the French yawnion club to release him? It could start another thread, was SBW worth more than Barba to our team?

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tallis is completely right. But remember the broncos are the ones who said Steve Renouf was making peanuts while he was playing golf with sponsor, getting paid bucket loads, and then claiming it was his side job. That's cheating the cap and that's what the broncos do. Or they build their players houses and releave them of their bills. They will find a way to cheat the dogs. But we are the villains right.

Status
Not open for further replies.