Taking the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We Scored 2 tries today and won.. we took 8points worth of penalties

Could have had 4 more points in the first half if we had taken the 2 twice

the way our attack is if its a tight game less than 8points behind we should pretty much always be taking the 2

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

the way our attack is if its a tight game less than 8points behind we should pretty much always be taking the 2
I mentioned this in the game thread, greenturd is turning our great game into rugby union. Don't get me wrong, bloody stoked to beat the eels, i don't care how that happens :laughing:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned this in the game thread, greenturd is turning our great game into rugby union. Don't get me wrong, bloody stoked to beat the eels, i don't care how that happens :laughing:
Bennet turned the game into rugby union back when Greenberg was still with us.

We are literally one of the few teams where it makes sense to basically take the 2 whenever we get the chance.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We do lack some finishing. I have not an issue with our forwards, they all make good ground. But our taking advantage of it is not there yet. Our defence is decent except down Montoyas side. Him and Hopoate are like Abbott and Costello out there together.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We probably would have beat the roosters if we did that

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the opportunity presents it self to take the two. We should, yes it is boring but I rather we win than take a risk. We all know how crap our attack is haha. Mbye’s kicking % is great this season hahhaha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the opportunity presents it self to take the two. We should, yes it is boring but I rather we win than take a risk. We all know how crap our attack is haha. Mbye’s kicking % is great this season hahhaha.
Moses is like an 85% goal kicker now lol.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's like bunting in baseball, an easy out at 1st base. If the two points are up for grabs why not take it and say thanks very much. Rugby league is a marathon an arm struggle over 80 minutes and even though most would prefer a try in reality our attack is clunky at best and three penalty goals are as good as a try. If we are good enough tries will follow during the course of a game.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We do lack some finishing. I have not an issue with our forwards, they all make good ground. But our taking advantage of it is not there yet. Our defence is decent except down Montoyas side. Him and Hopoate are like Abbott and Costello out there together.
Dogsdayout made a good observation tonight as we were watching the game. Hoppa pretty ignores Mantoya during the course of the game and after watching the replay I think he may be onto something.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no hes turing our game into world cup soccer just in time

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nrl should make penalties 3 points. Watch teams stop giving deliberate penalties

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes taking the 2 adds up but it also limits the amount of tryscorer opportunities we get in a game. At some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, we are going to have to start backing out attack.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no shame in continually taking the two. They add up.
Absolutely no shame at all! How many times did El Masri get us out of trouble with his boot. As far as I’m concerned goal kicking is just as important as scoring. Look at the dragons, they have the best attack and still take the 2 when it’s on offer.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Am I the only one fully expecting Mbye to miss from in front with the penalty kicks?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one fully expecting Mbye to miss from in front with the penalty kicks?
I feel the exact same way, but with conversions too. Still don’t feel comfortable yet when he’s trying to get two points

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gould was full of praise when the Eels didn't take the two early on to lead by six and was bemused when the Dogs did take the two to trail by two at half time. The commentators all seem to be not understanding that two penalties is the same as scoring an unconverted try. Bobcat on the ABC radio was equally bemused when Maloney took the lead from 7 to 9 with 10 minutes to go. They regularly bang on about the two points not meaning anything unless it is related to the six points from a converted try. It is pure nonsense.

If the Eels took the two on offer to lead by six early in the game then they most likely stop the dogs taking a shot for goal near half time but I still think the Dogs should shoot for goal even if behind by six.

Status
Not open for further replies.