Takers for Flanagan Anyone?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My overall observation from everything I’ve read and what I’ve read on this website - which is clearly stating the obvious, but no one wants Kyle Flanagan. I haven’t read one comment that thinks he should stay at the Bulldogs. My question to all of you is what did the coach see in him to take sign him and why haven’t they ousted him already. For the early part of the season Coach Barrett was always sticking up for him in press conferences and how he wasn’t the worst on the field etc…
(When someone directed a negative on Flanagans performance). Man these blokes look foolish now as he is done nothing since he got to the club. Roosters we’re right in giving him the flick. I just don’t know who will take him after we’ve finished with him. Supposedly the Sharks have been spoken to to try and get a deal done to get him to finish his contract out there. Fingers crossed he’s out shortly. He just isn’t a believer in his own game either. You can’t build that into a player, you either have it or you don’t.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the Wentworth magpies are keen on Flagagon. Obviously they want us to chip in some freight. As for any other nrl club wanting him unfortunately no one is that stupid.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say more people than not wanted him before/at the time we signed him. I was happy we signed him at the time and I was tricked from how he looked at the Roosters (and even Sharks a few years ago). When we had Lewis in the halves you wouldn't think it could get any worse. Saying that if I was in charge I wouldn't of dropped him (or Allan from fullback) we need these signings to come good, but I understand it might never happen (just what are we getting out of this season really). Recruitment decisions like this backfiring is what is going to keep us in this hole for longer.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
ESL would be a good option for Flanagan
What would he add to an esl team?
Teach Castlefore tigers how to shuffle left to right in attack in the one play?

I’m more worried about someone like Hull coming in and blowing SJ outta da water with a marquee deal like was offering to Benji Marshall last year yo.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon we have someone in a key post who is on Politis' payroll. We've taken Napa, Flanagan & going back Danny Williams from them. Has this all been a practical joke on the club?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere he played junior reps. You would think he must have showed something at some stage for the Roosters to sign him. Maybe he's just lost confidence, we'll have to wear his salary til next year and hopefully when he starts playing better next year in reserve grade someone else will pick him up - hopefully his old man if he can get a first grade coaching gig

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think our best case is some club takes him for a back up hb and we goes halves with them. I can’t see any club taking him without us pitching in unfortunately

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think our best case is some club takes him for a back up hb and we goes halves with them. I can’t see any club taking him without us pitching in unfortunately
Word

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably have to play the long game with him. Keep in Mounties, wait for him to agitate for a release so we don't have to kick anything in.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably have to play the long game with him. Keep in Mounties, wait for him to agitate for a release so we don't have to kick anything in.
I’ll aee if I have any ice left over somewhere and sprinkle it in his McDonald’s then call the cops

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take him wherever he needs to go. Whether it be the airport to join the warriors or I can drive him to the shire. It doesn't bother me bruh

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take him wherever he needs to go. Whether it be the airport to join the warriors or I can drive him to the shire. It doesn't bother me bruh
I would like to see a terminator sequel where it’s a terminator from the future sent to shoot Shane as a teenager to stop Kyle form being born.
The terminator would be funded and built by the Bulldogs members
The Kyle Reese type character can be an eels supporter who is trying to stop the terminator from killing Kyle just to mess with us fans

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see a terminator sequel where it’s a terminator from the future sent to shoot Shane as a teenager to stop Kyle form being born.
The terminator would be funded and built by the Bulldogs members
The Kyle Reese type character can be an eels supporter who is trying to stop the terminator from killing Kyle just to mess with us fans
Could be your best post bro!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like wakeham may of just played Flanagan back into the first grade side.. :(

Will be interesting to see if Baz picks Lewis Infront of Flanagan..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My overall observation from everything I’ve read and what I’ve read on this website - which is clearly stating the obvious, but no one wants Kyle Flanagan. I haven’t read one comment that thinks he should stay at the Bulldogs. My question to all of you is what did the coach see in him to take sign him and why haven’t they ousted him already. For the early part of the season Coach Barrett was always sticking up for him in press conferences and how he wasn’t the worst on the field etc…
(When someone directed a negative on Flanagans performance). Man these blokes look foolish now as he is done nothing since he got to the club. Roosters we’re right in giving him the flick. I just don’t know who will take him after we’ve finished with him. Supposedly the Sharks have been spoken to to try and get a deal done to get him to finish his contract out there. Fingers crossed he’s out shortly. He just isn’t a believer in his own game either. You can’t build that into a player, you either have it or you don’t.
I'm pretty sure Shane has a few accounts on here because there's one or 2 guys that still think he's a real halfback

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That IMHO is the clubs best option, Unfortunately it's another example of our club wasting precious salary cap money.
Was he another of our club's many panic signing, you guess.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That IMHO is the clubs best option, Unfortunately it's another example of our club wasting precious salary cap money.
Was he another of our club's many panic signing, you guess.
Here's the path way:
1. Madge moves Brooks on.
2. Tigers continue having a poor season.
3. Tigers panic and sack Madge.
4. Tigers hire S.Flanagan
5. Flanagan approaches us for Kyle