Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tracey was a beast today did alot of good things but i believe taffe offers more in the opposition redzone he is the key to unlocking our right side since we dont have a real 7, Taffes sweeping/ball playing makes having hutchison in the side for direction/defense work, Our rightside looked trash tonight without taffe sweeping out the back. Taffe = higher ceiling still developing better attack in oppositon 20, Tracey more yards/seems far safer under the high ball
Exactly why Taffee needs to be our 7.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I want to know why oh why was he putting so many kicks in. Not one of them any good.
Why's he kicking if he has hammy issues. Probably best not to be kicking for territory.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know why oh why was he putting so many kicks in. Not one of them any good.
That albino fossil kept passing it to him on the last it was either that or get tackled and hand it over I spose can’t blame him for trying

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep them all where they are, the teams doing well. But going to be tough for ciro dropping xerri, it’s smart he signed all these players so the players aren’t content. Every week they need to perform

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Taaffe as he has obviously worked hard to get to first grade FB standard.
But Tracey does seem to offer a little bit more from the back.
I'm not buying into the Taaffe at 7 debate - still getting over Barrett's Averillo experiment.
Xerri shouldn't look back from here.
Him and Burton were the junior origin halves pairing what’s the experiment.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep them all where they are, the teams doing well. But going to be tough for ciro dropping xerri, it’s smart he signed all these players so the players aren’t content. Every week they need to perform
Understand where you are coming from and it's been astute given what has been available to sign.

Still think its worth trying taafe, sexton or even hayward at 7. Hutch is holding back that right side and his kicking game is poor.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Understand where you are coming from and it's been astute given what has been available to sign.

Still think its worth trying taafe, sexton or even hayward at 7. Hutch is holding back that right side and his kicking game is poor.
Especially since it looks like Critta, as the most experienced centre, is the more likely choice to play right side centre now. If Hutch doesn't change the way he plays 7, and soon, we are gonna be having our SOO centre and captain standing there left high and dry with no ball in the red zone watching Hutch take the tackle.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey gives confidence and certainty at the back.

Halfback is the massive issue and a few other selections. Taafe or Sexton there any defence issues no worries defending inside and out of Preston and Critta.

Mann 13 and Hayward 14 is the way to go moving forward.

8-10-15-16-17 good hard working middles.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Taffy’s defense in the front line is like but it’s got to be better than Hutchinson, we all know he’s a better ball player/ball runner.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Taffy’s defense in the front line is like but it’s got to be better than Hutchinson, we all know he’s a better ball player/ball runner.
Now we just have to hope Ciro reads TK lol ;)

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe to 7 and Tracey to 1 could work
Eventually yes I see merit in this but I think Tracey at 14 first. While Hutch is an absolute annoying **** sometimes he’s pretty good defensively.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What was the go with critta fb experiment? Was the plan to always switch after 5 minutes or did cc shit himself ? Lol critta shouldn’t even be third choice fb
Ciraldo mentioned in an interview just before the game that he will be experimenting between the 2, so it was planned. And it failed!

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s my only concern but no way it’s better than Hutch defensively. Hutch is very good defensively and if you notice an excellent communicator. Not sure we would get that from taafe.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see our pack at full strength and see how Curran and Mann rotate playing lock. I reckon Curran eventually starts at 13 and then Mann comes on once the game opens up a bit.
I don't agree with that thinking. The best first half we have had was when Mann started at lock. We were all over the Roosters well before they started losing players.
Mann is a great link man in attack and can allow our halves to be second receiver in attacking plays. Look at how Kikau was finally unlocked.
Mann should be playing 65 mins each week with Curran part of the prop rotation

Last edited:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s my only concern but no way it’s better than Hutch defensively. Hutch is very good defensively and if you notice an excellent communicator. Not sure we would get that from taafe.
Hutch would almost be leading the club in missed tackles and as for communication, Taaffe is doing a good job organising defense so I can’t see it being a problem. He was the NSW under 19’s halfback.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him and Burton were the junior origin halves pairing what’s the experiment.
Performances in the juniors don’t necessarily translate into first grade. Do you remember a guy by the name Michael Lichaa? Or even Brandon Wakeham? They were hyped up so much in juniors

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If he communicates from FB he must be a talker. Taafe would absolutely relish the chance to play his original position before Souths moved him to FB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Performances in the juniors don’t necessarily translate into first grade. Do you remember a guy by the name Michael Lichaa? Or even Brandon Wakeham? They were hyped up so much in juniors
Difference between them is Taafe is a proven first grader?
Edit: at least with us.