Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a big difference is Xerri is as quick as Howland but much bigger
I’m a big fan of Xerri and wanted him in the team from the start. But I could also understand that a few games in NSW cup were needed to get some match fitness. 4 years out of the game is a long time, especially with all the new rule changes

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because Xerri hasn’t played FG in 3 years and needed to get reps in reserves and improve some defensive aspects of his game ….gets called up week 5 and hits the ground running so kudos to him for doing the work
Spot on Uce

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tracey needs a fair run at fullback, interchanging him with Critta in attack was idiotic from Ciraldo and I hope we don't see it again. Tracey's kick defusal and kick returns were massive and almost always out us on the front foot.
I was listening on radio and maroon (triplem) didn't mention this change of attack. Don't know what Ciraldo was thinking, I know it's only NSW cup, but anyone who watched Tracey for Newtown at FB would have seen his ability to ball play or skip across defenders inside opp 20m.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can Taffee in the middle as a half back though?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Tracey shits on Taffee at fb if u can't see that then maybe your eyes are painted on? It took Connor Tracey 1 game at fb to stake his claim.

Tracey all day & twice on Sundeez.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey was a beast today did alot of good things but i believe taffe offers more in the opposition redzone he is the key to unlocking our right side since we dont have a real 7, Taffes sweeping/ball playing makes having hutchison in the side for direction/defense work, Our rightside looked trash tonight without taffe sweeping out the back. Taffe = higher ceiling still developing better attack in oppositon 20, Tracey more yards/seems far safer under the high ball

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any idea why our supercoach put Xerri in reserve grade for the first few weeks when it was clear that he was the fastest centre in the club?

Are they supposed to make them race at training and who ever is the fastest gets the jersey? lmao Conditioning isnt a factor? The guy was out of the game for 4 years afew weeks of cup getting usto the contact didnt hurt anybody.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been saying this since we signed him ,
Taaffe for hutcho
Hey I said it too :p He is the most natural and best fullback we have.

Shame he played against the storm. Every one of their kicks was virtually pinpoint. If he played there last week after walker went off he would have made some serious kick return meters. Barley got any space tonight.

But way safer then Taaffe which I said, and also more dangerous on his returns.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough one but I think CC should go Taafe on the bench as a 14. Tracey’s work from the back is outstanding.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Taaffe has played 7 before. He looks the goods, and may offer more. The guy is coming along at 1 but I just don’t feel safe with him there at the back. His bomb defusal is bad, and he looks scared. Tracey is fearless and just gets us started with great returns
Fucking fearless alright and deadly accurate with his timing when jumping... Really looked like our fullback

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Going off tonight, Xerri's defence was far better than the supposed best defensive centre in the world in Chrichton. Chrichton's defence tonight was rubbish - made Smith look like a world beater.
Crichton looked injured...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tracey in 1 game did more than Taffe has done in 5 weeks. He is more dangerous, safe under high ball, uses his wingers when returning the ball looking for holes.

He was the difference tonight. Taffe should go half or go back to Nsw cup

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What was the go with critta fb experiment? Was the plan to always switch after 5 minutes or did cc shit himself ? Lol critta shouldn’t even be third choice fb
I want to know why oh why was he putting so many kicks in. Not one of them any good.