Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ironic that injuries made us field our strongest side. That left side of Burton,Kiks,Xerri and JAC is looking like the most dangerous in the comp.

Connor Tracy played himself in the fb position tonight, something that most of us knew all along.

Only reason Hutch was keeping Sex out was because of his defense but he just looks gassed. Time to give Sex a shot.
But is Hutch defence really that good? He was the cause of the first try today, did it against souths and several other times this year too. Agree it’s time for Sexton

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tracey didn't get to play fullback from attacking perspective today, for some reason CC had Crichton play9ng that role

I'd go with Tracey, watch his games when he filled in for Kennedy at sharks, he didn't miss a beat

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton had his worst game for us thus far

It happens, but we all know this happens once in a blue moon with these types of players

As long as he doesn't play FB, and he stays in the centres all will be fine
To be fair on Crichton he probably trained at left centre all pre season with Kiks, but I think everyone else knew the best back line was pretty much how we lined up today

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Taaffe as he has obviously worked hard to get to first grade FB standard.
But Tracey does seem to offer a little bit more from the back.
I'm not buying into the Taaffe at 7 debate - still getting over Barrett's Averillo experiment.
Xerri shouldn't look back from here.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair on Crichton he probably trained at left centre all pre season with Kiks, but I think everyone else knew the best back line was pretty much how we lined up today
I thought I saw Crichton out of position a couple of times trying to organise.
Would seem to be a waste and a distraction for him.
He was putting unnecessary pressure on himself by trying to take responsibility for everything, eg with those kicks.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey better under the high ball. Taaffe better ball player (so potential 7). As others have said Taaffe couldn't be any worse than Hutcho at 7.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was one that said that about Xerri. I guess players inside and outside of you have an impact on your effectiveness on defence
He might see that kind of improvement from Skelly too if he gets a chance due to injury.