tackle statistics true or false

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnbo

Waterboy
Reaction score
i see in games that players are making unbelieveable tackle counts, do these stats show the first player to make contact & finish the tackle, players such as Hindmarsh (eels) make approx 15 first contact tackles a match & the rest are an assist or a flop , same as Grimaldi (bulldogs) he also does about 15 first contact tackles a match & the rest are assists ( these figures are only a rough figures) These two players are just an example of high tackle counts. i would definately like to see actual first contact stats on paper along with assists similar to those shown for try assists & tries.
it's very annoying to see players who do somewhere between 10-20 first contact tackles get figures like 40-55 tackles a game especially when most of the tackles are assists.
Sometime earlier this year i saw a game on FOX with the eels playing ?? and commentary team said that Hindmarsh had made something like 40 tackles in the first half of this game alone , whilst watching this game i saw 5 first contact & finish tackles the rest were assists or flops (once again just an eg).
If ever any persons watch a player in an entire game you will understand what i am trying to say about stats. HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!
BERRIES TO BULLDOGS THATS MY TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I kinda agree but they still have to run out of the line and make the actual tackle itself. You cant really take that away from them. (Not that you are suggesting that)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Hindmarsh flops heaps more than Grimaldi. Grimaldi would make first tackles alot more than Hindmarsh.

The amount of times you see a parra player tackle someone and Hindmarsh jogs over from marker and jumps on top of them.

Fitzgibbon is another serial flopper.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good point

Maybe the tackling stats need to be changed and be more specific

like amount of tackles, then break it down to first contact tackles and tackle assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.