News Taaffe prepared for Bulldogs No. 1 battle

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm sure he has learnt plenty about the players and the job and will be better for the experience next year
As long as he follows up his words with actions this year, then no one can complain. It seems like everyone now knows the standards to be demanded and adhered to.

Pretty awesome backline and 2nd row, with our halves/hooker needing to pull their socks up ..now we need a few more middles.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this whole obsession by who the best trainer is, is getting whacked up.
Terry Lamb didn’t train. Jason Smith didn’t train.
At other clubs Cliff Lyims didn’t really train and even the Hayne plane wasn’t a trainer I heard.

I honestly think it just looks worse when islanders don’t train, as they already battle the stereotype.
Like it’s cute when Lamb doesn’t do it but when Atoni didn’t it just looks stinky.
Baa still trained, just not to the same intensity as the rest of the squad.
He would run for 10+km iirc for example.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CCs selections were puzzling at times this year, probably my biggest criticism of him
That they were, until we came to realise not only were his choices limited by injury, yet shit attitudes of some players too.
He was seeking to change the culture with very limited stock.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could go either way.

On one hand I really rate Taaffe and see him as an Edwards style Fullback, but with far better ball skills.

On the other hand, Crichton is now an elite Centre and Winger with the ability to go another level at Fullback. Weirdly I could see him being a good captain for the team too. He knows success, has played at all levels and just comes off as a leader.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players training the hardest and more vocal does not necessary translate into greatness on the playing field. The trials should be an indiction of trial and error in positional choices.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Proof will be in the training who earns what but it seems like we have a committed, keen and potentially good player joining the ranks.
Not quite as bullish as Scoobs(who is all in lol)but he should be a very decent acquisition for us.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta will be fullback, he has all the potential in the world to become a world class fullback.

BT is a reserve grader. He will be there for depth, and potentially play as a 14. Maybe even compete for 7.

Critta is the man for Fullback end of story

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz / Wilson / Skelton
3. Crichton
4. Xerri
5. JAC

Some serious pace in that backline.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast