News Taaffe gets first crack at Bulldogs’ No.1; Schuster’s return bid as Manly rest stars: Rd 1 Team Tips

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh, I like Taaffe at FB, that one game last year, he tore us apart.
He’s mid range as far as fullbacks go. Not bad, not great. Tracey is more dynamic. I reckon opponents would be more worried about having Tracey getting the ball in open space.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s mid range as far as fullbacks go. Not bad, not great. Tracey is more dynamic. I reckon opponents would be more worried about having Tracey getting the ball in open space.
Agree taafe is very poor coming out of red zone.
Has good hands but tracey more dynamic imo
All depends on where they fit

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I favour Tracey àfter what he showed he could do when he got an extended run at fullback with the Sharks last year when Kennedy was out

But Taafe gets first crack and it's all about opportunity for him, so if he can improve on his game from last year...fantastic

EIther way , I'm happy with whoever CC thinks will add more to the side

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have enough rookies in the team, we should go with Tracey and Hutchinson starting the season.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taafes downside is his defense and kick returns whilst he tries to make every metre he can his often dominated at contact. Tunes in well attacking wise lacks that spark you see in higher end fullbacks though. Effort isn’t a question sat behind Latrell at south’s he will be eager to stamp his mark for us. Should be the last we’ve seen of Perham with Taafe around which is a bonus.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's tipped when Gould names the team later today Hutchinson will be the halfback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's his defence that concerns me.
Defence was actually very strong in pre season.. body on the line stuff.

It was his wayward passing that was scary... hopefully sorted it out.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tafe will surprise alot i don’t think xerri will be up to speed yet come good mid year ,wilson could be a sensation and needs to be on the other wing

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tafe will surprise alot i don’t think xerri will be up to speed yet come good mid year ,wilson could be a sensation and needs to be on the other wing
I think Taffe will definitely surprise a lot of people just that energy he has will spark our backline added with xerri. Can’t wait for tomorrow, bought my tickets and leaving work early so I can get decent parking at belmore lol