Sydney thunderstorms

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Hopefully they don't just say he was driving too fast for the conditions and try and get out of it

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully they don't just say he was driving too fast for the conditions and try and get out of it
They were travelling at 25-30 km/h before hitting the oil patch so yeah even going slow the oil screwed them up if they were going faster it would of been worse then a crack rim and damaged steering/arms lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gee you guys must have copped it deluxe, the news reports say it was quite cyclonic in Sydney. Strong winds overcast but no rain here to speak of on the north coast.

D

DoggyStylz

Gee you guys must have copped it deluxe, the news reports say it was quite cyclonic in Sydney. Strong winds overcast but no rain here to speak of on the north coast.
Driving back from Queensland Tuesday night just passed, it was all sunshine and lollipops until i hit Newcastle... 7.30pm daylight became black and then the heavy rain set in. For 200km i was driving in blinding rain, lightning + thunder cracking every 5-10 secs, i was aqua planing also over the place and the B-double trucks flying past me didnt help kicking up spray... so yeah 1.5hrs turned into 2.5hr trip... Sh!thouse weather...

D

DoggyStylz

So who is coppjng the thunder and lightning show right now?

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So who is coppjng the thunder and lightning show right now?
Has been going off down here in Wollongong. The remnants of a tree in my backyard tell just how much. Got blown apart by lightning! Shook the whole bloody house!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im on a hill, so i see all the action tbh

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bitches, please.... this was a little spray with the sprinkler compared to what we copped in Brisbane last week :p

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
is the suncorp stadium currently filled with water?
It was during the floods, but i don't think so now... having said that, the wet season is just firing up.

Here it was more the wind and hail. I was "lucky" in that all i ended up with was a couple of ripped fly screens and mud in my garage (but had to throw out a steam mop). Many others wren't so lucky.... I had a meeting in the city earlier in the week, and all the trees along the river have just been completely stripped bare. Looked pretty eerie.

How much rain was there in the end?

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side note, whats Forster like to live? we have been there heaps recently, including last weekend and Mrs Dogandgunner and I are thinking of moving there.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just drove home from the grand mothers place in caboolture in the northers outskirts of brisbane, back home to laidley near gatton...i went the back way home through woodford dagular kilcoy, the rain was the heaviest i have ever driver through and the wind was literally blowing me off the road...was down to 15km an hour in 100 zones and zero visability, so pulled over and sat most of it out...listening to the 6pm news on 94.9 going through esk they said the area i was in had 97mm in less then an hour
was the slowest trip home ever, but would rather take much longer and be safe then speed

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
just drove home from the grand mothers place in caboolture in the northers outskirts of brisbane, back home to laidley near gatton...i went the back way home through woodford dagular kilcoy, the rain was the heaviest i have ever driver through and the wind was literally blowing me off the road...was down to 15km an hour in 100 zones and zero visability, so pulled over and sat most of it out...listening to the 6pm news on 94.9 going through esk they said the area i was in had 97mm in less then an hour
was the slowest trip home ever, but would rather take much longer and be safe then speed
FMD !! 97mm in an hour !! It must've been more rain than air outside !

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
About to get pumped again, by the looks if it.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FMD !! 97mm in an hour !! It must've been more rain than air outside !
yep the radio said they had reports of 97mm in under an hour, and driving in those conditions was a nightmare pulled over and sat it out have never seen anything like it before

Status
Not open for further replies.