Sydney Swans statement on McVeigh family

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The Sydney Swans are in deep mourning after the passing of Luella McVeigh, the baby daughter of co-captain Jarrad and his wife Clementine.

Luella died in Westmead Hospital this afternoon, with her parents by her side.

Luella was born on July 25 with serious heart complications.

The Board, players and staff of the Sydney Swans offer their deepest condolences to Jarrad and Clementine and their families.

The players will wear black armbands against Geelong on Saturday in memory of baby Luella.

“We are all so very sad for Jarrad and Clementine and their families. Our hearts go out to them in deepest sympathy,’’ Sydney Swans senior coach, John Longmire, said today. “We will be doing everything we can to support them through this terribly difficult time.’’

Sydney Swans chief executive Andrew Ireland said it was a sad time for everyone at the Club. “Words can’t express how deeply saddened and sorry we are at the passing of Luella,’’ Andrew Ireland said.

Jarrad will not take his place in the side for the game against Geelong.

The Club asks that the media please respect the privacy of Jarrad and his family at this tragic time.

Swans coach John Longmire will make a statement on behalf of the Club tomorrow.
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/121841/default.aspx

****. Very sad.

Condolences.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Tragic news. I was in shock and very sad when I heard about this.

Rest In Peace Luella McVeigh

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It is very sad to read this...

I can't imagine what jarrad and his wife would be going through right now after losing their precious baby daughter.

Rip Luella

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Awful, awful news. No one should have to go through this. RIP <3

Status
Not open for further replies.