Sydney Roosters sign Josh Morris from Cronulla Sharks

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People call sharks a sinking ship. Look at the money ow club has compared to sharks and then look at the results on field.
If there a sinking ship we are an empty treasure chest.
lol but we're not discussing us!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This isn't about the Roosters gaining Josh, it's about the Shark losing him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
they never should have signed Dugan, Moylan, and SJ... these guys are not typical Sharks type players and two of them are always injured anyway (don't mention Kieran)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just too old school but it irks me that it's somehow OK for someone to play for one team for 2 rounds then play for another team in round 3 and then play against this former team mates soon after. One season to the next at least has an off season in between for fans to get used to their favourite player changing teams. But take the jersey off at full time on Saturday night and then pop on the new colours a couple of days later for training. At the very least there should be a compulsory couple of rounds in between changing teams during the season.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just too old school but it irks me that it's somehow OK for someone to play for one team for 2 rounds then play for another team in round 3 and then play against this former team mates soon after. One season to the next at least has an off season in between for fans to get used to their favourite player changing teams. But take the jersey off at full time on Saturday night and then pop on the new colours a couple of days later for training. At the very least there should be a compulsory couple of rounds in between changing teams during the season.

Go Dogs
it's pretty shit but it's nothing on what's around the corner in player swap deals, such as the Storm Tigers hooker deal which almost came to fruition

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He said the most difficult thing for Josh now would be leaving the Sharks players.
Nothing the Roosters can't fix. I find this situation unsettling as I have with other such instances. Leaving so he can play with his brother one last time...leaving for what the Roosters have to offer him is more like it...

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They would also promote a development squad player to the top 30.
The bloke that he is replacing should have been covered by this as well. What are the Roosters going to do with him if/when he is fit? That's okay we will still use him and just move on a fringe player, just for a year because he after all he might be a keeper too... to get the international to the club.

The mismanagement of the cap by the Sharks is another factor in the matter.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing the Roosters can fix. I find this situation unsettling as I have with other such instances. Leaving so he can play with his brother one last time...leaving for what the Roosters have to offer him is more like it...
Brett needs to be called out for that comment I must say, because if either of them cared about the Sharks players, they would have gone about this a bit different I think.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brett needs to be called out for that comment I must say, because if either of them cared about the Sharks players, they would have gone about this a bit different I think.
It is amazing that players can still keep their friendly contacts with those from their previous club especially when they leave them in the lurch. As you say right and wrong way to do it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is amazing that players can still keep their friendly contacts with those from their previous club especially when they leave them in the lurch. As you say right and wrong way to do it.
I like Josh, and I wouldn't be upset if he did get a premiership, given his consistency over so many years, and I don't blame him for wanting to get off a sinking ship that he really has no attachment to.... but if I was a Sharks player I would have the Roosters game marked on the calendar and I'd be going after him

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprised, pulled the old "i wanna play with my brother card" history just repeated itself.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not surprised, pulled the old "i wanna play with my brother card" history just repeated itself.
so what if he loves his brother, its gone a bit far, Sharks didn't deserve it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Why on earth did the Sharks not negotiate for Morris to sit that game out against the sharks as part of the deal?
Seems a no brainer in the same vein as Sonny Bill against us a few years ago.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Why on earth did the Sharks not negotiate for Morris to sit that game out against the sharks as part of the deal?
Seems a no brainer in the same vein as Sonny Bill against us a few years ago.
Originally they wanted to keep him up to after that game. But obviously Uncle Nick gets what he wants.