Sydney Roosters Sign 136kg Teenage Bulldozer

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MEET the Sydney Roosters' teenage bulldozer.

He might only be 17, but schoolboy rugby league talent Tai Tuivasa packs a knockout punch.

The Mt Druitt product stands 190cm tall and hits the scales at 136kg.

Sydney Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan describes Tuivasa as a "raw talent".

"He is bit like Mark Tookey. They both wind-up and hit-up the ball at full speed," O'Sullivan said.

"I've been watching his age group for some time now and he scores an inordinate amount of tries in junior league.

"He's got terrific leg speed and great footy awareness. If he trims down the kilos and keeps up the hard work I have no doubt that he will play first grade. He will play under-20s next year if he keeps up the form."

When The Daily Telegraph caught-up with Tuivasa at the Redfern PCYC gym, he dwarfed the heavy bags and the doorway.

Fighting and footy is all he has known growing up as a young kid in western Sydney.

The former St Dominic's student made his fight debut with a stunning 22-second knock-out against Daniel Fawkes at Penrith RSL.

Tuivasa has spent the past 18-months training at the Elite Fight Gym, sparring with cult figure cage fighter Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne.

Five experienced MMA fighters didn't want to fight him because of his size.

"Half of the people in the crowd that night were my family," Tuivasa said.

"I remember feeling pretty calm before and during the fight. I kneed him a couple of times, he got up and came at me and I knocked him out."

Tuivasa, who has a Samoan father and Aboriginal mother, was poached by the Sydney Roosters from Penrith Panthers last year.

He has dropped 9kg since joining the club, which put him on a strict new diet and training regime.

While Tuivasa's second MMA fight hasn't been scheduled, the giant lad said he was keen to step back in the ring next year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ager-tai-tuivasa/story-e6frexnr-1225964160847

Sisa Waqa (Inlis-Folau-SBW), JP Du Plessis (Teenage Superstar), Sa (The Next SBW), JWH (Next SBW), Tai Tuivasa (The next Mark Tookey)...

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Bah he's not that big. Jesse Williams was 200cm and 150 kegs at 19

S

Shermy

He is more trouble off the field then he is on it. Hence the weight and his "move" from Penrith to the Roosters.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
Just because he is big & tall doesnt mean he will be able to cut it in the NRL.. Look at Hickey for instance..

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
But he does MMA. He's a sick cunnt

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully they turn this guy into a machine who hospitalizes other players with his charging runs. The NRL needs a guy like this at the moment.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
10 bucks he gets suspended for a rear naked choke lol

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
meh, i used to be bigger

OTTO

Playing Pablo