1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Sydney clubs to cull

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by Art Vandelay, Nov 7, 2018.

1. shannon2009

shannon2009 Forum Regular

Maybe they should actually rent them out instead of using them as an investment for any superstars they want outside the salary cap

2. Memberberries

Memberberries Desball 4 life Gilded

My favourite part is how it’s called NRL an acronym for NATIONAL Rugby League and you have New Zealand Warriors in the comp.

It’s a shame in Western Australia they are too fixated on AFL and cricket.

3. Dogs_92

Dogs_92 Forum Regular

There are a few clubs I hate with the passion but man I honestly wouldn't want to see any team go. I only want the game to grow and it's the reason I hate Greenburg and that inbread Beatie cunt trying to grow the game overseas. The lower grades and grass roots are fucked and need to be fixed before trying to swing of some rich cunts dick in the US. So many teams fold these days cause there is no support. It seems the only priority is 1st grade for the NRL. Journo's could do a favour and stop hating on everything in the game and write shit about grass roots and how park footy is dying.

4. Mr Invisible

Mr Invisible On a short hiatus. Staff Member

St Merge, Cronulla, Tigers - not needed in the NRL.

5. Fear.The.Roo

Fear.The.Roo <<<<<NOT ALL>>>>> Gilded

I do agree
    And when I remove my bulldogs glasses and put on a pair of corporate glasses I don’t see any other option

6. EB18

EB18 Forum Regular

How the F did you get these figures?

7. Kaz

Kaz Immortal

The 2018 Telstra Premiership season will see "between five and eight" clubs break even off the back of the financial success of a code on course to deliver a $45 million surplus this year.

In 2017 only one of the 16 clubs returned a profit without the help of leagues club funding – the Brisbane Broncos.

ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie and NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg delivered the half-yearly results to club chairs and CEOs at Moore Park headquarters on Friday. They anticipate up to half of the clubs to be in the black this year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/15...-clubs-grassroots-after-posting-huge-surplus/

8. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

• Like Like x 2
  9. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Addict

Mergers simply do not work, and should not happen in my opinion!!! It only alienates fans of both teams which makes them bitter and turns them away from the game.
    At least if you relocate a team the fans can still support the team that they have always followed, but they have an wxcuse to not go to mamy games. Lol

10. flamebouyant

flamebouyant Kennel Addict

Meh. Stop gloating. We cant all be one club, one city teams in a football mad part of the country.

11. Heckler

Heckler Kennel Enthusiast Premium Member Gilded

If the damn NRL have a fair draw where teams play each other twice and not twice in a month, fair reffing, rugby league rules not different interprerations, Solid contracts that don't leak like sieves, and scrapping the Salary cap amongst other simple dumb shit, then the game will survive. The ARLC or NRL are collectively killing the game. Any club that cannot survive within the above realms will be forced to merge or relocate or even jump ship without anyone pushing them. Look at wests for eg. Got axed in the 80s before being saved, merged with another club that was propped up by the NRL and still struggling. This is a club that should put their hand up and relocate to Perth.

12. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Immortal

The salary cap rewards mediocre clubs by keeping clubs that could be much bigger down at their level. The NRL will never get to where it should while there is a cap in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Heckler

Of course not. Should be survival of the fittest. West tigers, Souths, and Cronulla should have ceased to exist years ago before the stupid NRL stepped in. Other than the Roosters in Sydney, or the other Sydney clubs were bought down to their level with the introduction of the crally Salary cap. Embarrassing

14. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

You cant blame the League for Souths surviving, the league wanted them gone. It was the Dogs that refused to sign their death warrant, we also aided them financially in their fight to be reinstated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heckler

We could never take a trick. We should have let them rot. The famous bell should have been their death knell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Immortal

Manly.
    Tigers.
    Sharks or saints.
    Are the ones that make the most sense.