(Syd ONLY) Open casting call - "Mesmerised"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone think that what we saw on the Footy Show last night was genuine? I was looking for those that were supposed to be down to crack a smile but they didn't .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone think that what we saw on the Footy Show last night was genuine? I was looking for those that were supposed to be down to crack a smile but they didn't .
Mario did a couple of times. Everyone else was good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes! But if you go in and listen to his hypnotic suggestion then you have a fair chance of being hypnotised. We've had a number of skeptics through, some have been hypnotised, some not.

Also true! You can't be hypnotised to do anything you don't want to.

It's not a scam, we're just looking for people who want to be hypnotised and entertain the audience.

There's nothing to expose - the reason we do the audition is because some people can't be hypnotised - obviously those people can't be used on the show, so we check first.

We're doing auditions in North Sydney and Penrith next week.
This is a pretty accurate description of hypnosis. You can't do anything you wouldn't want to do, you can only be hypnotised if you want to be, and it doesn't work on everyone. Some people are just too stubborn.

My friend who's a practitioner does it as a form of deep meditation to assist in memory and relaxation. It does make you somewhat susceptible to suggestion though. By that I mean the memory suggestion. If you place someone under hypnosis and say "Do you remember the colour of the car you saw last week?" then they can often tell you the colour of the car but if you say "Do you remember the blue car you saw last week?" They will remember a blue car even though the car may have been red.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
how come the viewers at home and in the aduience werent getting hypnotised then?

oh and the cameramen of course

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
how come the viewers at home and in the aduience werent getting hypnotised then?

oh and the cameramen of course
They prep them before hand. The hypnosis doesn't happen on the spot, they are pre-hypnotised to make them susceptible.

The stuff you saw on the footy show last night was partially hypnosis but a lot of acting too.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was all 100% Legit, Either way it was very funny

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I assumed they hypnotised them before they walked out onto the set, then all he had to do was use his triggers on them.

I always knew though that you couldn't be hypnotised if you didn't want to be. Otherwise hypnotised people would be commiting crimes all day long.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I assumed they hypnotised them before they walked out onto the set, then all he had to do was use his triggers on them.

I always knew though that you couldn't be hypnotised if you didn't want to be. Otherwise hypnotised people would be commiting crimes all day long.
Stage hypnotizism is fake, getting someone in a room relaxing them and trying to get them to quit smoking or some other thing they have trouble with can work but its a placebo effect.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Stage hypnotizism is fake, getting someone in a room relaxing them and trying to get them to quit smoking or some other thing they have trouble with can work but its a placebo effect.
But what do you mean by fake? I've seen Peter Powers live once and the people on stage were def not actors.
Even if they aren't doing anything they don't want to do, that isn't really fake. They are still being coerced into doing something they wouldn't normally do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can we hypnotise our team to think they are James Graham?

boyd1812

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can assure you that stage hypnotizism is very real. I was part of a stage show a few years back at Sexpo. Its hard to exactly explain it but basically, you know exactly what you are doing, but you cant stop your self doing it. Was a bloody hilarious show and I did things in front of an audience that I definitely wouldn't have if not under.

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
doesn't this belong in the Lounge ?
What does it have to do with taking out the Panthers tomorrow night FFS

We got bigger pussies to fry than this silliness

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
not wanting to put people off but someone who was hypnotised on a cruise I was on didn't come out of it for ages and ended up in the doctors on board. Not sure if this is real or not but FYI
Are you talking about Dianna Brimble?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
doesn't this belong in the Lounge ?
What does it have to do with taking out the Panthers tomorrow night FFS

We got bigger pussies to fry than this silliness
Take it up with the owner of the site bro, he gave it the green light.

get_mesmerised

New Pup
Reaction score
I can assure you that stage hypnotizism is very real. I was part of a stage show a few years back at Sexpo. Its hard to exactly explain it but basically, you know exactly what you are doing, but you cant stop your self doing it. Was a bloody hilarious show and I did things in front of an audience that I definitely wouldn't have if not under.
Want to relive the experience? The show is PG though so I doubt it will be as risqué.

www.mesmerisedtv.com

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I applied for this lol just for a laugh, have an audition on Thursday. They called me for an audition literally about an hour after i applied.

Is it a volunteer based thing or do you get paid?

get_mesmerised

New Pup
Reaction score
Thanks Moey, enjoy the audition!

If you appear on the show we don't pay you but cover travel expenses and give you meals etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.