Sutton brothers need to be sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the NRL if you want to win without the referee having a say in the result you better defend your ass off our win by a fair margin.... Things we currently suck at!

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
"After having the opportunity to review the play, the referee on-field should have awarded six more as the ball was played at by Michael Gordon,” Archer said following the game.

So what does that tell us?

1. They reverse their decisions without looking at the replay - Why? - MOTIVATED BY BIAS.
2. A glorified touchy was allowed to influence the ref - Why? - MOTIVATED BY BIAS
3. 2 call one thing and 1 calls against - they use that as an excuse to go with the minority vote? - Why? - MOTIVATED BY BIAS - and perhaps incompetence too.

If you have 2 refs thinking one thing and one the other - wouldn't you check the replay?

Surely the Club can request that the Sutton brothers never officiate a Bulldogs game again given their atrocious track record.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't like blaming refs and probably didn't cost us the game but it certainly didn't help.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watch the press conference? Hasler, saying when Graham asked Sutton about the call, sutton said, I didn't say six again, I put my hand up to signal last tackle! I'm now convinced that these guys cheat! You can hear him clearly say six again on TV.... What a load of bullshit! You can also see he signals six again! It's ok for him to change his mind after he signals something, then takes it back! Soon he'll signal a try and then decide no I want to give the opposition a penalty! What a joke!

Reactions: DT

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This game wasn't the worst time we've been screwed over, but, we lost a game that we almost certainly would have won with competent refs (given Archer is only talking about one dud call, and he will find 2 more if he watches more of that game while we where finishing strong).

Sutton's record in games he over sees for the Bulldogs does stand out a bit, so given he won't get stood down, or really have anything at all happen and we still record that game as a loss, can that prick just not be named in any of our future games for the regular season? That doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to do, let him call games he is less bias towards...... I'm sure he can figure out something with the betting agencies to mess up other teams games, make him ref all Newcastle games, he can fix them a win or two and still make his money on the side. Then, should we make the 8, he can ref us in the finals and screw us there if thats his fetish, just maybe don't screw us before we get that far, please?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Note the cop out in the presser whereby a journo claims it was the touchie that overruled. It wasn't. Sutton made the call 100% himself.

It puts the NRL in a tricky situation. Clearly there is something untoward going on here. You can't screw up, that obvious, and that many times, unless you are being told to ref that way.

Surely the Dogs can put in a request stating that the Suttons are unable to remain impartial, and as such Bulldogs will not be taking the field on any game they are named in.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the NRL if you want to win without the referee having a say in the result you better defend your ass off our win by a fair margin.... Things we currently suck at!
True. Look how many times the Cowboys got dudded in finals games before they finally won the comp.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The last time vs south's (2015) the channel 9 footy show brought Sutton onto the program to laud him for getting that James graham Adam Reynolds decision right. Are the scum going to speak about his incorrect decision this time?

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed him call last on the fourth tackle when Frawley put the bomb up that Gordon dropped

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I have been pasting this in a few posts on this issue because I think we need to get this reality check to the Club and NRL otherwise it will just keep ruining our game.

Accidental Bias - when a ref subconsciously dislikes one team or prefers one team over another, but consciously tried to be fair. The Reticular Activating System (RAS) of the subconscious reptilian part of the brain only makes him notice what he is emotionally attached to; that being situations and circumstances that protect his favoured team and harms the team he dislikes. This is a legitimate function of the brain and the NRL are too dumb to recognise and do anything about it. Nothing is a coincidence and statistics showing Sutton brothers have the poorest track record with the Dogs, including the trauma of Good Friday - their reason to despise us - it all makes sense when you factor the RAS and Accidental (sometimes not so accidental) Bias.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An immediate investigation should be launched against Sutton for match fixing. So obvious with this call he placed a bet.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Note the cop out in the presser whereby a journo claims it was the touchie that overruled. It wasn't. Sutton made the call 100% himself.

It puts the NRL in a tricky situation. Clearly there is something untoward going on here. You can't screw up, that obvious, and that many times, unless you are being told to ref that way.

Surely the Dogs can put in a request stating that the Suttons are unable to remain impartial, and as such Bulldogs will not be taking the field on any game they are named in.
Agreed. Touchy didnt call this i dont think. BUT the same touchy didnt pick up a clear boot on sideline at the end of the first half when toupou stepped on the line to out that kick through. These calls rarely get missed but for some reason tonight it did. Luckily it went to the video... clearly shows the touchy was right there with the perfect view.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Agreed. Touchy didnt call this i dont think. BUT the same touchy didnt pick up a clear boot on sideline at the end of the first half when toupou stepped on the line to out that kick through. These calls rarely get missed but for some reason tonight it did. Luckily it went to the video... clearly shows the touchy was right there with the perfect view.
The list of errors is getting quite long now!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last time he reffed us he sin binned Lee even though the bunker said penalty sufficient

Status
Not open for further replies.