Surely one of Australia's Worst Murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
Man 'used teen's head as bowling ball'15:34 AEST Wed Jul 16 20081 hour 39 minutes agoVIEWS: 0| FLOCKS: 0| 0 comments so farA man stabbed a teenager to death before cutting off his head and using it as a puppet and a bowling ball, a court has been told.

James Patrick Roughan, 28, has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court in Brisbane to murdering 17-year-old Morgan Jay Shepherd on March 29, 2005.

Instead, he pleaded guilty to a charge of accessary to murder after the fact, but the crown rejected the plea and is proceeding with a murder trial.

Roughan also pleaded guilty to one count of interfering with a corpse.

Mr Shepherd's headless body was found in a shallow grave near Dayboro, west of Brisbane, on April 1, 2005.

The court was on Wednesday told the teenager died after being stabbed more than 133 times, and that his head had been sawn off.

Prosecutor David Meredith told the court Roughan and his friend, Christopher Clark Jones, 24, had murdered Mr Shepherd after becoming embroiled in an argument during a drinking session at Roughan's home in Sandgate, north of Brisbane.

In his opening address, Mr Meredith told the jury several witnesses would testify that they overheard Jones and Roughan boasting about the killing.

He said one witness would say Jones spoke of holding Mr Shepherd down and stomping on him several times before both he and Roughan stabbed him with a knife.

Mr Meredith said Jones also told friends that Roughan used the head like a puppet and a bowling ball, which Roughan denied.

The court was told the pair enlisted a friend to help dispose of the body, and that they later drove back to Dayboro to bury the body more carefully.

Three people have already been sentenced for helping to dispose of the corpse.

Mr Meredith said Roughan and Jones blamed each other for the "thrill kill", but that "both of them were equally involved" in the death.

He said the "barbaric" killing appeared to have had no motive, but may have been fuelled by the consumption of alcohol.

The trial continues.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=598360

As i said. Slowly the world is turning psychopathic.

The little bit of Psycho is coming out in all of us.

S

Spraytan

Fuk I was just about to post that up, thats fuken sick

The court was on Wednesday told the teenager died after being stabbed more than 133 times, and that his head had been sawn off.

WTF to the bit in bold fuk me, I am sure it takes less than 133 stabbings to finnish someone off, what a sicko

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
So whats wrong with sawing both these ****ers balls off then quickly sawing their heads off right after you poke both their eyes with flaming metal knives

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another ****ed up waste of life. Seems like they just got pissed, had an arguement- probably over something as dumb as who can drink more cans of XXXX, then went sick on him with a knife. To stab him so many times, then cut his head off is some crazy ****.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
must've been really cranky if you ask me

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The world gets more bizarre each year, I cant believe the stuff we read in the papers each day.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Bill McDonald junior

good thing they got hold of him before he struck again
now he is gonna die an old lonely ****ed up Hermit in some gaol at the expense of tax payers money

just kill him ffs! if someone comes out and admits they're guilty for something like this why keep them around?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The world gets more bizarre each year, I cant believe the stuff we read in the papers each day.
maybe thats the problem?(putting this stuff in the papers)

if you read about this stuff daily, a weak person will think either its ok to do, or he wants to be mentioned in the paper and be somebody

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
lol im just waiting for Deimus to come in and post that this bloke can be rehabiliated and kept as a specimen so as to ensure such things don't happen again (see 4 yr old rape victim)

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
maybe thats the problem?(putting this stuff in the papers)

if you read about this stuff daily, a weak person will think either its ok to do, or he wants to be mentioned in the paper and be somebody
Not wrong there. Ever since underbelly every bastard wanted to be a drug dealer.

Same ****.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
So whats wrong with sawing both these ****ers balls off then quickly sawing their heads off right after you poke both their eyes with flaming metal knives
his punishment will be "life in jail" with a minimum np of 25 odd yrs which after about 10 he'll appeal to have it reduced. he will have a roof over his head, 3 meals a day and a room for life with a bed.

moefromoz

Metal Guru
Reaction score
This guy must've put up one hell of a fight. Stabbed 133 times and they still had to cut his head off. You'd think 130 would've been enough!

In all seriousness, these guys have lost any rights they had to live in the general community. Lock them up and let them fend for themselves behind bars. A**HOLES.

I, too, am surprised deimus hasn't reasoned this one away yet.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its making people live in fear this shiit.

I know personal (when im drunk) i have deep and meaningfuls with myself, look around at strangers and think " he could kill me any minute now""

Seriously, this case is just feral. 133 times?!?!?! he would have died for sure after about 50, why keep stabbing him?

****ing men. All over an arguement. Stress heads!

M

mofo sixx

remember that female abbitoir worker who, slaughtered her hubby , put him on a meat hook & cut him up & then cooked him & served him up for dinner to his kids?

i think that is our worst ever murder

moefromoz

Metal Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, she kept him stored in the freezer and kept serving him up for dinner bit by bit, didn't she ?

M

mofo sixx

Yeah, she kept him stored in the freezer and kept serving him up for dinner bit by bit, didn't she ?
Price and Knight lived together in Aberdeen, in the New South Wales Hunter Valley. Price was the father of two grown-up children when Knight, a former abattoir worker, developed an acrimonious relationship with him. According to the Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) that Price had filed against Knight, she had a previous history of violence in relationships; she had smashed the dentures of one of her ex-husbands, and slashed the throat of another husband's eight-week-old puppy before his eyes. Price had also received death threats from her on previous occasions.

On or about 29 February 2000, Knight stabbed Price to death with a butcher's knife while chasing him around their home. Her fury was reportedly triggered by the AVO Price had filed against her the previous week.

The autopsy revealed that Price had been stabbed at least 37 times, in both the front and back of his body. Many of the wounds were deep and extended into vital organs.

After Price was killed, Knight skinned him and hung his skin from a meat hook on the architrave of a door in their lounge room. She then decapitated him and placed the head in a pot on the stove, baked flesh from his buttocks, and prepared vegetables and gravy to serve as a meal to his children, which was accompanied by vindictive notes from Knight. Police found the meal before the children arrived home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Knight

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i remember that case. police had to walk through his skin to get into the kitchen.

no mean feat to skin a human!

moefromoz

Metal Guru
Reaction score
Price and Knight lived together in Aberdeen, in the New South Wales Hunter Valley. Price was the father of two grown-up children when Knight, a former abattoir worker, developed an acrimonious relationship with him. According to the Apprehended Violence Order (AVO) that Price had filed against Knight, she had a previous history of violence in relationships; she had smashed the dentures of one of her ex-husbands, and slashed the throat of another husband's eight-week-old puppy before his eyes. Price had also received death threats from her on previous occasions.

On or about 29 February 2000, Knight stabbed Price to death with a butcher's knife while chasing him around their home. Her fury was reportedly triggered by the AVO Price had filed against her the previous week.

The autopsy revealed that Price had been stabbed at least 37 times, in both the front and back of his body. Many of the wounds were deep and extended into vital organs.

After Price was killed, Knight skinned him and hung his skin from a meat hook on the architrave of a door in their lounge room. She then decapitated him and placed the head in a pot on the stove, baked flesh from his buttocks, and prepared vegetables and gravy to serve as a meal to his children, which was accompanied by vindictive notes from Knight. Police found the meal before the children arrived home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Knight
OK. Jesus Christ that's pretty unbelievable.
There was one that kept her dead husband in the freezer, wasn't there?

p.s.I'd better stop pi**ing my wife off.

Status
Not open for further replies.