Support - or there lack of (James Graham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"After the hearing, Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said Graham was ''shattered'', and while he said it was a ''fair and just process'', he maintained his player's innocence. ''We disagree with the ruling,'' Greenberg said".

I for one am sticking firm and strong with his innocence like Todd and Des are. Unlike some other supposedly doggies supporters (Trolls) on this forum, I believe the most important attribute of being a doggies supporter or any supporter is being loyal and stand up for your brothers. That is the definition of 'support' - To hold in position or to bear the weight of, so as to keep from falling.

It's disgusting that some of these so called doggies supporters can sit there behind their keyboards or behind their smart phones/tablets ready to cast judgement on a bloke that has played his heart out all year. He has made hit up after hit up and tackled to a stand still all for your entertainment. He has stood up to people like Sam Burgess and Jason King for you and the emblem that is stitched to his chest. Make no mistake, James Graham will stand up for his brothers when times are tough, now look into your hearts and see whether you have the courage and fortitude to do the same for him. Todd Greenberg and Des Hasler maintains his innocence and is standing by supporting James Graham.

To all you cowards that have sharpen your knives ready to backstab your own player who maintains their innocence - your loyalty is as strong as the traitor in 300 - Ephialtes. May you live forever with your fragile spines. You should make your avatar to this picture below immediately. It would also seem appropriate that you photoshop James Graham at the end of that spear.

To everyone else, stand by your brothers no matter what the media or your jealous fork tongue friends, acquaintances, workmates or strangers are saying. We will become stronger and more determined in years to come. Use this anger, disappointment and frustration as motivation to become better, bigger, stronger and faster next year. Make no mistake, we will be back.

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would still defend him even if he did bite that little ****

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Truly inspirational Gingerbread Man

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the way James has defended himself, ill give him benefit of the doubt over this. But saying that ppl aren't really supporters or trolls for believing he bit slater is so stupid and naive. I've been a die hard supporter for over 20 years but that doesn't stop me from having an unbiased opinion on things. I love the Bulldogs as much as the next person but that doesn't mean they're angels and immune from doing something wrong

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After seeing the way James has defended himself, ill give him benefit of the doubt over this. But saying that ppl aren't really supporters or trolls for believing he bit slater is so stupid and naive. I've been a die hard supporter for over 20 years but that doesn't stop me from having an unbiased opinion on things. I love the Bulldogs as much as the next person but that doesn't mean they're angels and immune from doing something wrong
Yes, agreed, no person is an angel. If James Graham came out and admitted that he bit Slater, then I would not be writing this.

My main point is to be loyal. James Graham has never ever said that he bit Slater and maintains his innocence. Todd Greenberg and Des Hasler both stood by his side at the hearing and maintained his innocence. Are we better men than Todd and Des to cast judgement. We shouldn't be so quick to judge people with past records like James Graham. He strongly maintains that he didn't bite him - we as supporters should accept this. Otherwise, you label him as a liar.

People have a right to their own opinions, this is mine. Whether right or wrong, I will stand by James Graham until he freely admits to the indiscretion.

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
If he said he didn't do it, the doctor said the marks are inconsistent with bite marks, the videos don't show him chomping down, he had to remove a plate from his mouth to show teeth he has missing... well then, I have to stand by what he said. He's not a 12 year old boy trying to get out of trouble from his parents, he's an adult. I think if he bit Billy, he would've taken the early plea. To risk a longer suspension to claim his innocence, then, I would have to believe him. Call me what you want, but this is my opinion.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
well yes it didnt look good but at the same time i have noticed a number of times james graham seems to yell into players ears giving it to them which was my hope of what was happening in this case ,its very disappointing that the nrl kangaroo court(the judiciary)trials by media and not speculation and not actual fact or expert opinion or some scientific proof slater has been bitten ,very very wrong.

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
well yes it didnt look good but at the same time i have noticed a number of times james graham seems to yell into players ears giving it to them which was my hope of what was happening in this case ,its very disappointing that the nrl kangaroo court(the judiciary)trials by media and not speculation and not actual fact or expert opinion or some scientific proof slater has been bitten ,very very wrong.
They even showed past videos of him screaming int he ears of other players to prove that this is his style of when he's bagging out players, however, it only took the judiciary 10 minutes to come up with a 'guilty' verdict after all those hours of showing evidence against the bite.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Bloody well said old chap..Have been behind Jammer since get go..If James says he didnt bite him, then who am i to call him a liar, its as simply as that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Great post!!

Totally agree, and yet was laughed at by some in regards to offering an opinion on what might have been the case (and turns out very close to what was argued).

He was condemned before he got off the field that day, and the media keeping the story hyped would make sure that he was going to be found guilty, even if in the dressing rooms or not playing that day.

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he did it in the heat of the moment. I still love the guy and will keep supporting him.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guilty or not his legendary status has increased more in my eyes,train hard while on the sidelines and i look fwd welcoming you back around rd9

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
F**k the judiciary and f**k the media for labelling him a ``biter" before he was even heard...defaming him and running his name through the mud before he even puts his point of view across.....oh and f**k all the gloating d*ckweed fans of other clubs who are enjoying this. F**k the personality devoid, attention whoring ****** who thought it would be clever to steal someone else's bad joke and wear a hannibal mask to the hearing also.

When Graham does return home one day as he inevitably will, he obviously won't leave witha high opinion of the media....I just hope he leaves with a couple of premiership rings....and wears one on each finger and gives the media a nice blingy two fingered salute to say thanks for the f**ing hospitality.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I can understand people having and sharing the opinion of not believing it before the case - to support the Club, but seriously, if people don't believe he bit him then they're off chops.

to Gingerbread - Get ****ed !!!! sitting behind your tablet/smartphone telling people who have supported the Club their whole lives that they're a sh1t supporter for not being naive/blind... go the Dogs

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he did it in the heat of the moment. I still love the guy and will keep supporting him.
Honestly, I don't think there is any way the club would plead not guilty...knowing it would give them more adverse publicity, if they didn't believe he was innocent....also it's just never seemed like Graham's go.

I was unsure what to make of it all at first, but the club would not defend his innocence unless they were convinced it was the case. I'll back Graham and the club all the way.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think there is any way the club would plead not guilty...knowing it would give them more adverse publicity, if they didn't believe he was innocent....also it's just never seemed like Graham's go.

I was unsure what to make of it all at first, but the club would not defend his innocence unless they were convinced it was the case. I'll back Graham and the club all the way.
sponsors,charities,goodwill... if it's denied it can't be 'proven' either..

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sponsors,charities,goodwill... if it's denied it can't be 'proven' either..
I don't think it matters he can't be proven guilty...he has already been found guilty in the court of media and public opinion. No way in hell a sponsor or charity would walk away from a club who willingly admits a player has done the wrong thing on field and lets ``justice" take its course IMO....I think they'd be more likely to walk away from a club that defends the player everybody thinks is guilty.

I see your point...just don't quite see things the same way. I think if the club believed he was guilty they would have made the best business decision....which would be to plead guilty.....maybe I'm off chops haha, but this is my view.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They even showed past videos of him screaming int he ears of other players to prove that this is his style of when he's bagging out players, however, it only took the judiciary 10 minutes to come up with a 'guilty' verdict after all those hours of showing evidence against the bite.
its a disgrace basically precedent is evidence means nothing and whatever they decide is the verdict lucky they arent deciding in the real courts

Status
Not open for further replies.