Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who went?

What was the day like?

Was the atmosphere dull or was it a happy one?

What activities/events do they have?

Any funny stories?

How did you rate it overall?

robie

Mr Bulldog
Reaction score
Me,Anthony M,Moodey,Willam,Marc,Bec,Renee thats all i know it was an awesome day with the players it was a good atmosphere about 800 people more they had throw ball through the hole they had members asking question to the players in conferences yer i was singing the song to mickey paea ohh mickey song rating 6/10

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who went? I did

What was the day like? One of the better organised ones.

Was the atmosphere dull or was it a happy one? Given the way the team has been going, the team was in good spirits. Had no problems with any of the players and all were happy to sign, chat and have photos. NSW Cup boys were happy as well, was having a chat to them about their win over Central Coast.

What activities/events do they have? Every 15 minutes or so they had mock press conferences. Only complaint about this was it occured simultaneously with the signings and so just as you went up to see a player there was the possibility of them walking away. The under 20's had pass the ball competitions, chanting sessions and a group photo at the end.

Any funny stories? When I saw Michael Ennis he said to me "Haven't seen you in a while". Not really that funny unless you know me.

How did you rate it overall? Having been to most of the fan days over the past couple of years, I thought this one was probably one of the best. It was more spread out so the players lines weren't as long (this was also due to the very small crowd compared to other times I have been). You could see that the players were greatful for the support. It was also good to see players from all 3 grades there. Only complaint from me is I never found the General to say goodbye and wish him luck, no idea where he went.
Overall a 8/10

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
So who went? I did

What was the day like? One of the better organised ones.

Was the atmosphere dull or was it a happy one? Given the way the team has been going, the team was in good spirits. Had no problems with any of the players and all were happy to sign, chat and have photos. NSW Cup boys were happy as well, was having a chat to them about their win over Central Coast.

What activities/events do they have? Every 15 minutes or so they had mock press conferences. Only complaint about this was it occured simultaneously with the signings and so just as you went up to see a player there was the possibility of them walking away. The under 20's had pass the ball competitions, chanting sessions and a group photo at the end.

Any funny stories? When I saw Michael Ennis he said to me "Haven't seen you in a while". Not really that funny unless you know me.

How did you rate it overall? Having been to most of the fan days over the past couple of years, I thought this one was probably one of the best. It was more spread out so the players lines weren't as long (this was also due to the very small crowd compared to other times I have been). You could see that the players were greatful for the support. It was also good to see players from all 3 grades there. Only complaint from me is I never found the General to say goodbye and wish him luck, no idea where he went.
Overall a 8/10
Sounds like a good story - care to expand? Or is it long and confusing?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good story - care to expand? Or is it long and confusing?
By the sounds of it, it was a sarcastic comment from Ennis and phelpsy must hang around the team a lot ?????

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was due to head out there, but twisted my knee earlier in the morning and ended up resting it.. Twas not happy at all.

Was the day mainly kid centered, or catering for all fans? Maybe the Dogs should have an open day alongside members.. might attract more potential members to sign up then!

dreamteamz

BIG_BAD_BULLDOG
Reaction score
I didnt go but i heard there we 500 people out of 12,000 members. Something like that.
Source twitter

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RookieDog and I were there.

I haven't been to a fan day before, so I can't compare it to any others.

Was disappointed that the players weren't there from 9am onwards. I'd made the effort to get up early on a Sunday, I figured they should too! Even if they did play a game the night before. :p

Clueless security guard told us to line up at a table that turned out to be a spare, so there was a large line at our table and no players. We then had to go and join the other lines. Wasted time. >:(

What activities/events do they have?Every 15 minutes or so they had mock press conferences. Only complaint about this was it occured simultaneously with the signings and so just as you went up to see a player there was the possibility of them walking away.

Only complaint from me is I never found the General to say goodbye and wish him luck, no idea where he went.
Overall a 8/10
I liked the idea of the press conferences, but I agree with phelps_fan, the players kept getting up and leaving while you were in line for them.

The General sat at a table up on the North West Terrace where the press conferences were held.

They had a group photo with players and fans at the end of the 'day'. They had the players seated randomly throughout the fans, which I liked.

RookieDog failed miserably at trying to look cool and calm while seated next to Terry Lamb... :D

Having said that, the players were all very friendly and chatty (although I barely said a word because I was in awe of some of these people :o ). They would happily sign my jersey, and then I would pipe up with "thank you, I appreciate that" or similar, and they would give me a big smile.

I regret not saying anything to The General, who is my current player, and I regret not saying anything to Terry Lamb, who is my all-time favourite player, other than thank you for the signature. Double damn it.

But I really enjoyed myself.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
I think having it start at 9am is epic fail especially on a Sunday. I would have probably gone however if I didnt have a christening to go to.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
LOL the fan day was not bad at all, I was at the event and was lucky enough to participate in the chanting clinic hehehe which mind you didn't get a good turnout considering that while we were booked to do the clinic autographs and press conferences were going on. The players all seemed good and I must say Martin Taupau in the under 20's is a legend of a bloke as Will, Anthony and I had a great chat with the bloke. The 1st grade players were good and we also found out that Payne has signed again for next season.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
So who went? Everyone stated above

What was the day like? One of the better fan days I've been too

Was the atmosphere dull or was it a happy one? The players were happy to take photos with fans and give autographs. As phelps_fan said, all players from grades FG, NSW Cup and NYC were present. The players were willing to talk to fans and meeting the General one last time was a highlight.

What activities/events do they have? Everyone was spread which was good and stopped massive queues of people even though it was a massive turn out. They had the mock press conference, cheerleader clinics for the kiddies and pass the ball comp. The group photo at the end was

Any funny stories? The NYC team turned up expecting a massive feast but were only served a tray of sandwiches which was demolished lol

How did you rate it overall? 7.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.