Stuart looks to be in first line to take the job at Canterbury!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
KEVIN Moore in trouble? Proven correct.
Moore about to be sacked? Came true.

NSW coach Ricky Stuart in the frame to take over the Bulldogs? No doubt.

Now the Blues will need to go looking for a new coach?

God, no.

The greatest misconception of NSW's performance this year, when they pulled back five years of lost ground on Queensland, was that it was Stuart's appointment as a fulltime coach that was responsible.

For some months the grapevine has been spitting out rugby league rumours, and with each one slowly being proven correct it seems only a matter of time that, if it continues without reasonable examination, then NSW will lose just about the best asset this football-poor state has at the moment.

Stuart looks to be in first line to take the job at Canterbury. That means, according to popular thinking, that he will have to stand down as NSW coach so the post can be filled by someone who can do the job fulltime.

This just a week after the series, when many are only just beginning to quieten from hailing Stuart's efforts as one of the greatest coaching performances in Origin.

Outmanned and overmatched, the Blues came within a poor start of one game of pulling it off - against a side that needs no introduction this side of the equator.

Such has been the interest that if you announced Origin IV for next week it would be a sellout wherever you played it.

The intensity continues to bubble over at a rate that most believe Stuart and Queensland coach Mal Meninga are still blueing over what happened this year when, in fact, all they're really doing is getting an early start on next year.

Ricky Stuart should coach the Bulldogs.

But he should also remain as coach of the Blues.

The need for a fulltime coach at Origin is a myth, partly driven by Meninga's unprecedented success with his Queenslanders.

Now, I'm not going to get into the whole "does he or doesn't he" coach argument. As far as I see it, Meninga does what's required to win, and nobody can argue with that. But here is a truth; Meninga never coached Queensland fulltime.

While it was his only coaching job, until this year his fulltime job was at Brisbane's fruit markets, which was fulltime work and among the toughest jobs you can do. But Meninga understands Origin, and that is the true value of what he brought to Queensland's preparation.

And Stuart understands Origin, too.

That's the quality NSW needs in its coach and what had been missing. Having found it this year, and nearly got there, the biggest mistake the Blues could make is take the job from Stuart if he finds an NRL club.

Sure, there is extra work required for the growing demands of Origin, but he could simply hire an assistant to have it all in place by day one of camp to fix that.

But keep him as coach.

To a man, the NSW players came out of Origin this year praising Stuart's performance.

The ones that had been there before emerged revitalised as Origin players. The ones that hadn't finally understood what this Origin hype was about.

As one, they built towards something, something that hasn't been there for some time.

Stuart understands the difference between Origin football and club football.

There is no guarantee another coach, even if he was fulltime, would understand that difference, which is all the difference.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...to-wear-two-hats/story-e6frexnr-1226094974137

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
that was a good read

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
lol at meninga's unprecedented success. A fence post could have coached the qld team over the last 6 years and achieved the same results

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
If he is our coach and NSW coach I do not want him; he has to be fully dedicated to the bulldogs cause; so its a no from me(unless he gives up NSW).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Would prefer a coach without origin duties TBH.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is our coach and NSW coach I do not want him; he has to be fully dedicated to the bulldogs cause; so its a no from me(unless he gives up NSW).
Ok. I'll pass that on to Todd Greenburg. He'll really give a **** what you think :grinning:

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
He has been known to walk away from jobs when the going gets tough so I would say no.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ho[e not. Stuart started his coaching well but has flopped since. His teams have reached the finals on only 4 out of 8 seasons. Still prefer Michael hagan with Dean pay as assistant. Michael's record is better than Ricky's. Michael also coached for 8 seasons and his teams made the finals on 5 out of the 8 seasons with 1 premiership.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Get over this Hagan carp, look at the team he had at the Knights. when he came to parra it showed what kind of flop he was. at least with sticky he had the worst side in the comp in the sharks. they were equal 1st few seasons back. no other coach in the Nrl could have done a better job with the team he had at the sharks.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id still take ricky even if he was nsw coach. He's the best thats available at the moment. I love his passion. Melbourne still remained pretty consistant when bellamy wasn't there and we would have some byes thrown in too.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
lol at meninga's unprecedented success. A fence post could have coached the qld team over the last 6 years and achieved the same results
A fence post has more brains than Meninga (and is better looking too!)

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
lol @ Hagan.

I'll die if we sign that myth. Not to mention that smug head of his. FMD I can't stand that look he has like he's trying not to smile like a gloating little fck when he wins a game.

I'll can live with Stuart as coach.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The lads behind NSW have stated time and again that if stuart takes a club job then he's not only allowed to break his final year of NSW Blues contract but that he will be ejected. They have been adament that the coach of NSW cannot be coaching a club, and while there's a lot of back tracking in league, the NSW boys have basically said that they'd support qld before back tracking on that choice. In other words could be a good option but not likely to ever happen.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He was a gun half back, definately what out halves need.
If he does come, he is smart to not come now, the damage and horrible game style has been drummed in. He would have a whole off season to cancel that out and revolutionise the game style. I hope so anyway...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
And screw the origin! Bulldogs come first, origin a million miles second!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the dogs defence that is the trouble. Get them back to the up and in defence that is the hallmark of the great doggie mojo. Put some doubt and pressure back into the opposition minds. Step 1 in Wayne bennett's coaching manual is defence and not letting the opposition over the advantage line.

Status
Not open for further replies.