Storm lost 5 straight in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From rounds 17-21. Then they went on an undefeated run straight through to winning the premiership. It started in round 22 when the smashed Penrith after everyone wrote them off for the season. How easily everything can change after 1 or 2 wins... I don't expect the dogs to smash the Eels because we don't have the points in us but I do expect a statement. Whether it's from a real dog fight, grinding performance or our forwards smashing the craps out of them we must stand up tomorrow night.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ywp. For aslong as we make the finals we give ourselves a shot. Wven though history shows most winners are in the top four finishers each year. Hated crawling into last years finals and getting our arsenhanded to us by new castle. That was and still is embarressing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But storm beat us in the GF... If we complete our sets we will be fine.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can play with patience, string a couple wins together , regain our condfidence, etc. We can roll souths who are due for a loss soon and win our remaining games giving us a shot at top 4. Top 4 is critical... But unless Penrith or Roosters tank we might miss out. What's so dissapointing is that this year's comp is there for the taking. at least give it a f@rking good crack boys!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the critical week to turn things around in my opinion.

We need a team building tough win tomorrow night against the Eels. It doesn't matter if we win it well or ugly - we just need a win. Then we need to take confidence from that win and go into the game against the Tigers with our heads screwed on this time. A good win against the Tigers would give us some real confidence in attack and set us up against the Rabbitohs and then the finals.

Our goal still must be top 4, with 5th or 6th being worst case scenario. Anything less would make this season another fail in my opinion.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Broncos win tonight we will be out of the 8 on F/A, though I cannot see the Rabbitohs dropping this game tonight

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the Broncos win tonight we will be out of the 8 on F/A, though I cannot see the Rabbitohs dropping this game tonight
It's disgusting, but I'm cheering the Rabbits.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm also finished top 4 in 2012,
We ain't gunna make top 4 this year guys, just sayin

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Parra crumble tomorrow when they see themselves all over the news for salary cap rorting

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also WON 9 straight, that's two more than our streak this year, they also won another 5 straight to the finals.

I Hate the storm with a passion but for almost a decade they always knew how to turn it on when needed, something the dogs need to learn.

They lost 5 straight mid season, not at the business end.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as bad as things may seem we are realistically only 2 wins from being in the top 4, 3/4 wins from the remaining games would put us in a fairly good position to make the top 4. just hope they get their asses into gear

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as bad as things may seem we are realistically only 2 wins from being in the top 4, 3/4 wins from the remaining games would put us in a fairly good position to make the top 4. just hope they get their asses into gear
To make the top 4 we have to win all our games and put 150+ points on parra, tigers and titans (combined)

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must go for broke. Win or season is gone!

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Still trying to be as optimistic as i can but the competition is close as ever, but how good was 2012... Teams used to fear playing us haha. The Chookpen would always go into meltdown when we versed them.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
As much a I'd like to take confidence from that they were still fairly competitive in all those games bar one which was a flogging against Canberra when they were without smith and slater.

We have been dismal. Our attack is average but our defence is worse IMO. Still we did lead the comp for a few weeks and had the best for and against. It's up to the boys to show how much they want it

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
They also WON 9 straight, that's two more than our streak this year, they also won another 5 straight to the finals.

I Hate the storm with a passion but for almost a decade they always knew how to turn it on when needed, something the dogs need to learn.

They lost 5 straight mid season, not at the business end.
Don't forget they cheated for much of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.