Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
LOL, that is sick.
Rofl it is man.

We were at my mates playing poker, talking ****, few beers. He was hungry and my mate had no food (never does). He was going through the fridge, cupboards etc. Then i walked into the kitchen to get another beer and i hear a packet russling and he had something in his mouth and i saw an opened stock cube wrapper sitting there. He opened his mouth and i saw it.

Dirty ****er.

I abused him and he said "WELL IM ****ING HUNGRY"

Honestly, if there were nothing but stock cubes you'd just drink water.

Fat bastard.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
lol Kathy ur not very domesticated are you?

Soups, Sauces, Broths, Stews, are most common uses for stock... I learned that in high school :p then again had to do a whole module on stock (including how to make it from scratch) when I did my hospitality certification.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
OK stupid question time - what do you use stock for? Ie vegetable and beef stock etc
jesus goober you plant it in the ground and grow a cow

for ****s sake

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol Kathy ur not very domesticated are you?

Soups, Sauces, Broths, Stews, are most common uses for stock... I learned that in high school :p then again had to do a whole module on stock (including how to make it from scratch) when I did my hospitality certification.
Nope. We didn't have cooking as a subject at school and I've been lucky enough to find BFs that are excellent cooks :grinning:

And PS I don't eat soups, stews and why would I make my own sauce when I can buy it?

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try cooking your rice in a liquid (preferably chicken or vegie) stock. Gives it a yummy flavour if u want the rice to be a focus of your meal :p

Yuuuuuum

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i normally hate it too, unless it has sauce or cooked in stock. Makes me feel bloated and fatter lol

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sends my sugar levels thru the roof for some reason - so I have to be careful

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. We didn't have cooking as a subject at school and I've been lucky enough to find BFs that are excellent cooks :grinning:

And PS I don't eat soups, stews and why would I make my own sauce when I can buy it?
i had to giggle at this kath, and please don't take this the wrong way, but i didn't think anybody relied on hospitality classes at school to get through?

i blame my dad...he chained me to the stove from a young age. i'll come and cook for you one day lol

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
You can use any stock you like - anytime you use water, you can substitute stock. If you are cooking meat then it's best to use stock of the same kind or vegetable stock.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had to giggle at this kath, and please don't take this the wrong way, but i didn't think anybody relied on hospitality classes at school to get through?

i blame my dad...he chained me to the stove from a young age. i'll come and cook for you one day lol
I was spoilt - I went from my mum cooking, to moving out with my BF - he cooked, to back home, and then out again....

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was spoilt - I went from my mum cooking, to moving out with my BF - he cooked, to back home, and then out again....
that's such a shock to me. my mum was never like that! i was expected to cook dinner for the family from the age of 8 or so.
i loved living next door to my nonna though...those were the nights i didn't cook a thing.

i was spoilt with my last housemate; she's a chef. i cleaned the house, she cooked. perfect situation really.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the cleaning - but not the cooking.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the good thing about doing the cooking was i could tell mum her food was **** lol

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See my mum's cooking is the bomb - she's known for her cooking!

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so's mine, don't get me wrong, but it makes it easier to criticise her when you cook better than her. i then tell her i prefer nonna's, and then just pushes her over the edge.

ffs i knew there was a reason why we don't get along lol

A

A_C

Cooking is heaps fun!!! and cleaning - sometimes is too! well not fun but they are great stress relievers!

Status
Not open for further replies.