Still confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm still confident we can win the Premiership this year. Early season form counts for a lot. We've beaten Souths, Manly, Roosters and the Storm. Bad calls against Penrith cost us. All teams have lean patches. Full strength at the right time. Klemmer will be great this week, Reynolds will be better. Still got the best coach. Go Dogs. Can't wait for the coming weeks!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still confident as well. However it's going to be tough from here on and we need to change things pretty quickly.... otherwise we won't be making the top 8 at all.

What probably has hit my confidence more than anything was our terrible display against the Knights in Finals Week 1 last year. I was always a believer that as long as we were there come September, we'd make it really difficult for any team we played against due to our natural toughness and our ability to get up for big games no matter what. I sadly don't know if we'd be any different this year compared to last year if we were in the same position.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't look at the Penrith game at all because imo we were better and should have won. I look at the whole season and we aren't amongst the top teams. We can be but we're just not. Our attack is dire.
Still believing but not confident

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need morris and tolman back asap wich will fix our defense line .i hope he picks dodd over brown to replace stanley ,that brown is just hopeless ,nothing goes right for him

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
we all know Mitch Brown will be straight back into the line up...i too believe wherever we r in the 8...we will give the finals a shake...but i thought that last yr too and boy we were disappointing

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we all know Mitch Brown will be straight back into the line up...i too believe wherever we r in the 8...we will give the finals a shake...but i thought that last yr too and boy we were disappointing
Fair comment. However, I think this year is different. It seemed that the Dogs couldn't wait for the season to end last year. I feel there's some unfinished business this year. In a desperately close competition, it just could end up being our close wins at the start of the year that will help us.

Malla

Reaction score
Absolutely agree. I think these 3 losses on the trott were what we needed. We were sort of cruising along, scraping through a lot over the last few months and winning on bad form.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who the hell wishes that three losses in a trot is what we needed, and what about if we lose on friday you going to say that 4 losses in a row is going to wake us up. In my opinion if one loss cant wake you up then nothing will.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the hell wishes that three losses in a trot is what we needed, and what about if we lose on friday you going to say that 4 losses in a row is going to wake us up. In my opinion if one loss cant wake you up then nothing will.
Cabbi what have you got for us this week ? Tolman and Morris back yet? Give us the scoop.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what gives me the confidence? Us holding Melbourne to 4 points in Melbourne and beating Manly without our Origin players. Those 2 games have proved that if we get it right, we can beat the 2 best teams in the comp.

We just need to fix our defence. And I don't just mean goal line defence. Not only did our defence win us the game against Melbourne, it fuct with them psychologically. "2 points down, penalty 10 metres from the try line. Do we go for it? Nah, let's take an EXTREMELY low percentage kick from the sideline and hope for the best."

Malla

Reaction score
You know what gives me the confidence? Us holding Melbourne to 4 points in Melbourne and beating Manly without our Origin players. Those 2 games have proved that if we get it right, we can beat the 2 best teams in the comp.

We just need to fix our defence. And I don't just mean goal line defence. Not only did our defence win us the game against Melbourne, it fuct with them psychologically. "2 points down, penalty 10 metres from the try line. Do we go for it? Nah, let's take an EXTREMELY low percentage kick from the sideline and hope for the best."
Well said. Our defence is suffocating and that game alone is a perfect example of it. Toleman coming back will add so much more to it...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If this team named runs out and stays fit I'll be very confident.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right as Im becoming a very sore loser.

Well thats not exactly right as I can handle a loss only if we play well. The crap our team has served us in the past few weeks is driving me nuts as I know what they can do. They better get it right before its too late!

Last edited by a moderator:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Confident (Not sure)! Proud to be a bulldog (always).

Status
Not open for further replies.