Steve Mortimer backs Ray Dib at Canterbury Bulldogs elections

Do you believe Ray Dib will win the election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
When your backs against the wall, you'll say and do anything to get yourself a second chance.
He's no different from Tony Williams, job security for a few years, and then when it comes to the end of it, start doing what people want, to try and make them forget the piece of shit you really are.

What makes anyone think he will keep putting the club first if he's re-elected?

Fuck Dib. All he can do now is hope that the dumb people who buy his bullshit now outnumber the ones who see past it at the next election.
Steve Mortimer has backed Dib so whats that say

I dont have any feeling for Dib positive or negative, but I like Mortimer

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dib has played his cards after the Hasler sacking perfectly. The rival tickets argument was that we needed to get back to the dogs of old and guess what? That is exactly what Dib is doing, so now the rival ticket has to rethink its strategy. Maybe they can make it all about honesty, accountability and transparency and hope that Des successfully gets a payout, its the only shot they have. However, with Mortimer back they are no chance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ray Dib cares about the club, his professional, smart & powerful & his very important for the club moving forward.
He didn't show a lot of respect for the fans of the club he loves or the club itself when he re-signed Des, It wasn't very professional how he re-signed Des and then sacked him in the same year, it also wasn't very smart to re-sign Hasler in the first place.....or to try to give a demotivated and disgruntled roster CEO pep talks. I'm convinced he is powerful. Not sure about any of those other points you mentioned. He has done a terrible job in recent years.....he looks like he is doing the right things now. I'm still making up my mind about the guy. But let's not pretend he hasn't fucked up in a major way. He has.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He didn't show a lot of respect for the fans of the club he loves or the club itself when he re-signed Des, It wasn't very professional how he re-signed Des and then sacked him in the same year, it also wasn't very smart to re-sign Hasler in the first place.....or to try to give a demotivated and disgruntled roster CEO pep talks. I'm convinced he is powerful. Not sure about any of those other points you mentioned. He has done a terrible job in recent years.....he looks like he is doing the right things now. I'm still making up my mind about the guy. But let's not pretend he hasn't fucked up in a major way. He has.
The biggest issue is publicly saying we have an agreement for 2 years and 6 months later denying he owes Hasler anything - this is shafting your own people - not the Family image we are about. He is yet to own and explain himself for signing him up and denying he did - that all is very poor from someone who should know better. He made Mortimer fall on his sword for a lot less.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer you're a legend!

I agree Ray Dib is a gentleman and best suited for the job, there may have been mistakes made behind the scenes, but we can't blame him for all of it.

We have to give Ray the credit, he's made changes real quick just shows how powerful and respected of a chairman he is.

Can't wait next season boys!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dib isn't stupid. He needed Turvey last time and he does again. Expect some more feel good appointments in January just before the elections.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer you're a legend!

I agree Ray Dib is a gentleman and best suited for the job, there may have been mistakes made behind the scenes, but we can't blame him for all of it.

We have to give Ray the credit, he's made changes real quick just shows how powerful and respected of a chairman he is.

Can't wait next season boys!
Bro your name, your avatar. Change it. Yalla!

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand how after what's happened he can back him. Someone who had to be a large part of what happened OR atleast must have had some power to correct it and done nothing. To the point Mortimer has to walk away........ unless he hates Dunn more??? Seems weird to me. Don't really like it but.
he hates Dunn more, if Dunn was to take control he would welcome Hughes boys back which he couldn't deal with

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh that sucks. Someone should remind him that we have beaches and waterways down here too all within 30-40 minutes of Belmore and Homebush.
Lol
And cooks river with its pristine waters :grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look the wrong that Dib did id giving full power to Des. That in itself was a fucked decision. In my opinion, I have zero confidence in Dib giving Des this much power as he single handed stuff up our club.

I do acknowledge that he is trying to make amends for his 1 big error, but as far as I'm concerned it's one too-many. He may very well win in Feb, but another mistake like this will be his last!
Was it not greenburg that did this though?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not a massive fan of Dibs, nor of some of the recent decisions he has made. But if Turvey was willing to come back into the fold and still has respect for him and will back him at the board meeting, then i think we all need to try and see him in a better light.
Sure he fucked up with Des, but i doubt that even his hatshest critics could have foreseen how bad we would have become. At least he is making alll the right moves now. Too little too lat you say? Well if he wasnt doing these things then fuck him off, but its a bit harsh to criticise him when he is doing everything to get us back to where we want to be. Maybe it is to save his job, but its still in the best interests of the club.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Steve mortimer knows it was Raelene and des fucking shit up, hence the backing of dib. Now they're gone and now he's happy. End of.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I respect Mortimer a lot
I always have
He was my idol as a young kid
I use to buy sports gear from his sports store he had way back in the day at Bankstown

Dib,
I have very little respect for him based on his actions the last few years.
I think his biggest issue is his lack of foresight and forward thinking except for his own self preservation.

I don't think Dib truely lives by our clubs values of club first team second individual 3rd.

I think Dib is a poor mans politis

I think if we truely want to get back our DNA, our true bulldog culture we need someone at the top who lives by our values
Sadly that I fear died will bullfrog

Dib is not the man
But sadly I fear he is our best option right now.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It says a few things. Either Mortimer new dib had to sack him as per protocols, Mortimer new dibs hands were tied, Mortimer never had something against dib rather only castle and des.
It's safe to say, he wanted castle and des gone and all would have been sweet.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I respect Mortimer a lot
I always have
He was my idol as a young kid
I use to buy sports gear from his sports store he had way back in the day at Bankstown

Dib,
I have very little respect for him based on his actions the last few years.
I think his biggest issue is his lack of foresight and forward thinking except for his own self preservation.

I don't think Dib truely lives by our clubs values of club first team second individual 3rd.

I think Dib is a poor mans politis

I think if we truely want to get back our DNA, our true bulldog culture we need someone at the top who lives by our values
Sadly that I fear died will bullfrog

Dib is not the man
But sadly I fear he is our best option right now.
Out of curiosity when did dib become bulldogs CEO?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was a i dont know voter. Huge fkup re-signing Des after 1 win in 8 starts but has done some great stuff recently. As long as shit keeps going in the right direction from here for the dogs i dont care too much.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So ive gone from hating him to on the fence. Thats how much recent events swayed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.