Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as the best team we can put on the field plays on the day im happy

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hickey had a good game? Man Folkes please take off those favouritism glasses PLEASE....

Holdsworth did jackall in the second trial except place a few kicks, that is not a mark of playing well, but i suppose Folkes calls mediocre as good
he can't slam them publicly, especially before the seasons even started... it's an interview, doesn't mean he's telling the truth

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tsoulos goes hard and if he stays fit and injury free hes a great buy!!! can't wait to see him in the blue and white this season...
correct
i do want groom at half though
in my opinion holdsworth is an imposter,
runs sideways and sells dumps.
perhaps he can play in the backyard with phelpsy

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good stuff.

Thanks Haztrick once again for your effort putting that together. You do put an effort in getting pics, training vids, interviews to us even before the papers or dogs website have them. Gratz.

For us in remote places you help us feel more involved with the team. I appreciate it.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

Q: How you boys looking? It's a big year (Centenery)?
Folkes: Everyone is really keen. Looking forward to Saturday. Training today was great.

Q: How has training been and the change of style?
Folkes: He thinks they have all grasps the new style introduced and they did it well in the trials.

Q: Are you relaxed about your future?
Folkes: I understand the game, what will be will be. I will go out there and do my best.

Q: We've heard all the press. What's happened with the board and Mason and all that, does it affect the players?
Folkes: Nah. They come in, do the training, do their job and go home. They aren't affected. The move has been disruptive for office staff but the players have not be disrupted at all.

Q: Roberts and DJ in the halves on Saturday?
Folkes: Yes, they will be. Against Dragons they weren't great, but they did well against Penrith. Joey has worked with them well and their going good.

Q: Sullivan going good, especially in the trials. He'll be good for you?
Folkes: Yeah, he'll do good. We need to watch him closely and see what he's doing. Will take time for people to get use to him and his style.

Q: Deal on Willie Tonga?
Folkes: Trying to keep him off the leg as much as possible. Has run the last 3 weeks of training and has done pretty much everything at training. Looking sharp and pretty close to being in the side.

Q: Is the forward rotation going to be difficult without Mason and Shrek?
Folkes: The front row will need to be more mobile with the new interchange rule. Cleal has been great in teh trials, as was Danny Williams. Hickey was in good form in the trials and Tsoulos was close to the best against Dragons. We have a few to choose from and with the new rule we will have to manage it well.

Q: The trials aren't a trial for the new rule, is it? Have you figured out how you will use your interchange?
Folkes: It will be hard at the beginning of the year and will take some getting use to. We have a template to go on but it will be made up on game day depending on how things go.

Announcer: Thanks for your time and good luck on Saturday. Hope you aren't going to sell any Eels players any drinks!
Folkes: If we did we would be putting something more in it (laughs)
Announcer: Good on ya Folkesy, thanks.
thanks for that haztrick that sounds quite alright to me.

C

chipandchase

Hickey had a good game? Man Folkes please take off those favouritism glasses PLEASE....

Holdsworth did jackall in the second trial except place a few kicks, that is not a mark of playing well, but i suppose Folkes calls mediocre as good
i got to disagree, even though id prefer groom there, Holdsworth played well actually. he steered the team around the paddock well and his kicking game was good.
Hickey played ok also, people expect too much from Hickey, he is not a sonny bill, he does his job, he goes forward and gets the team on the front foot.
he will have some pressure from tsoulos and leanno this year tho which can only be good for the team.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am with the call for Groome....The small things I have seen of him are exciting plus he has something we lack....SPEED.....I think Hickey still needs to be in teh side I think he is still growing with his potential....Someone dod mention Neni and Winitana...If they come in they need to come in for UTAI....im sorry but Matt Utai doesnt have what he used to have...Watching him against teh dragons in teh trial he got caught out in his positional play in defence....and he doesnt use his brain, just tries to pick up the ball and run over people....problem is he doesnt do it very often....todays modern wingers are bigger and stronger than him in a lot of cases......I honestly dont know why we resigned him......

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matty utai is pretty hopeless in d but his a gun when it comes to other things like making the meters to get us out of our half, His got plenty of size when he hits the ball up how many times has he gone straight down like other wingers? instead u see him carrying defenders and chewing up the meters.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Matty utai is pretty hopeless in d but his a gun when it comes to other things like making the meters to get us out of our half, His got plenty of size when he hits the ball up how many times has he gone straight down like other wingers? instead u see him carrying defenders and chewing up the meters.
Yeh, Utai is one of my Fav players, poor in df, but more than makes up for it in attack. Who can forget that try against the rooters to win the game off an Anasta pass, one of the best finishes i have seen

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utai's a wrecking ball....I know other sides would hate to have tackle him one on one...he's perfected the Kiwi side step!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
ive always liked utai..very difficult to tackle one one

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
matty utai is great and he makes up for he's bad defense with good attack

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
UTAI IS ALSO GREAT AT BRINGING THE bALL BACK MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT HIM IN THE FRONT ROW

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got to disagree, even though id prefer groom there, Holdsworth played well actually. he steered the team around the paddock well and his kicking game was good.
Hickey played ok also, people expect too much from Hickey, he is not a sonny bill, he does his job, he goes forward and gets the team on the front foot.
he will have some pressure from tsoulos and leanno this year tho which can only be good for the team.
What?

Our team had no direction for most of the game, our forwards led by example, and for his size + stamina Hickey needs to do a LOT more, now that we only have 10 interchanges, he got pushed back almost everytime, as a big unit, for him to cement a spot he'd either need to be able to play 40minutes a game or be a lot more destructive.

Roberts completely outplayed Holdsworth, the guy did nothing but kicks, plus Roberts directed the team a lot more, he set up 3 or 4 tries with some very neat passing

Status
Not open for further replies.