Steve Folkes Appreciation Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbuullddooggss

Waterboy
Reaction score
the losses of these games isnt the coaches fault.
it isnt folkes' fault that ben roberts can't kick, morrin can't hold a ball or that no one cant run fast enough.
most of these mistakes are mistakes that only the players themselves can fix, no way should you accuse the coach for something that isnt his fault where he puts all his effort into training these players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight

The Dricmeister General
Reaction score
Joined.

I appreciate the time and effort he has put in to the bulldogs over the years.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Ide join if i could stand being on facebook... But Folkes definately deserves our appreciation, and has mine to the end and beyond.

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
how can people honestly sit here and continue to support him. I would never want to sack him, but i cannot continue to support him, and if he was to be stood down, then so be it, bring in Kevin Moore and give him an early start

Stringer_37

Loving the pest
Reaction score
I don't hate him, I don't love him, I don't agree with alot of his selections, but he is probably doing the best he knows how. IMO he doesn't deserve either of these threads

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on ya. Can't believe people are that thick they would create a hate group about someone who has given so much to the Club for so long.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
how can people honestly sit here and continue to support him. I would never want to sack him, but i cannot continue to support him, and if he was to be stood down, then so be it, bring in Kevin Moore and give him an early start
we support him, because he wears the blue and white, a bulldog for 30 years, has given so much to this place, is doing the best with what players he has left, because the club has backed him, because we are bulldogs, the list is quite long really, but that's a start

if you want to drop your bundle, that's up to you, the rest of us feel that is a lesser option to the one we've chosen

cheers

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Steve Folkes is what the Bulldogs are about and for that will always have my support. Not once have i seen bag a player or put himself before the club. He has the right to leave on his own terms, he has done so much for this club, been apart of 6 grandfinals, won four, coached our team to 2 grand finals and won one.
You dont get many legends like him

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Folks will always have my support.

He has given so much to our club and so he deserves the right to leave on his own terms.

bbuullddooggss

Waterboy
Reaction score
we still lovee folkes after what he has done for the club. 2004!!!! memory never to forget.

A

A_C

I think that Steve has the right to choose his time to leave the Dogs. No-one could do better with the resources he has at hand right now. I, for one, will not bag him.

He has my support.
a man who speaks with sense

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
we support him, because he wears the blue and white, a bulldog for 30 years, has given so much to this place
If he steps down, or is sacked, he is still going to be remembered for the 30 years of GREAT service he has givin to the club. Im not in support of sacking him, but if he is, then fine, we can move on and start our preperation for next year.

Its like everyone supporting Hazem, yeah he has been loyal, a great servent, but he is a very average player these days, and is probably more of a liability than anything. Sure, a great kicker, but loyalty is GONE, rugby league is a business, and theres a few of you on here that still definitely dont understand this

I wish this wasnt the case, but it is, and we have to accept that

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
lol as Willie Mason is on the list that hasn't replied back to join the group.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Still find it funny how much emphasis is put on a coach's performance or ability. People love a scapegoat, and while those at the top must accept responsibility, it doesn't mean that losing is their fault.It's the same with Bobcat. Both have my full support as long as they are leading my club.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Folkes has done great things for our club and ill always have the upmost respect for him. I wish him well in his future endevours

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
^^ I wonder if matt0 appreciates steve folkes.
Doesn't look like it.

Personally, I always liked folkes, he was an awesome guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.