Stephen Crichton

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
IMO, Hughes and Brown were awesome. Critta was poor and Asi is a cup player.End of sets were abysmal. Samoan forwards were matching kiwis first 30 mins but we had no creativity and no ability to put on points. We then had no ball and then forwards got smashed in the middle. Luai makes a huge difference. We had enough middles to compete yesterday. Bulldogs different story,,,,we don’t have middles at all. We still need a 7 too.
I know he's young, but Volkman was clearly their best half available. Should have always been starting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's debatable ... I would argue that it is one of the more important and difficult areas of the field to defend.
most defensive issues come from the inside players/defenders. Centres/wingers are paid the least for a reason. I think wingers are more important than centres in today's game.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus only hypes him up is because he signed him lol. Crichton is a wonderful player and athlete. I want him to do well at fb but we all know he is a centre.
Every game Crichton played fullback for the Panthers he played exceptionally well. In fact I remember on one occasion Cooper Cronk claimed Penrith had a problem because now they had 2 fullbacks.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
most defensive issues come from the inside players/defenders. Centres/wingers are paid the least for a reason. I think wingers are more important than centres in today's game.
Nonsense.
playing centre (least impactful/important position on the field?) in a team getting dominated isn't easy either
Mate as a centre he was one of Penriths best players, especially in big games.. also nsw best.. so how can centre be "least impactful" position on team.. the good centres can dominate games from that position. Agree that it's hard playing the position in a team getting dominated but you could say that about any position.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nonsense.

Mate as a centre he was one of Penriths best players, especially in big games.. also nsw best.. so how can centre be "least impactful" position on team.. the good centres can dominate games from that position. Agree that it's hard playing the position in a team getting dominated but you could say that about any position.
Fact is centre is the lowest paid position in the NRL with wing. Critta being good at centre for Panther or NSW isn't relevant to the argument. How many other players did Panther prioritise signing over him. I'd just be double downing with what I said so we'll leave it at that. I think for this reason and his salary he'll be given first chance at fullback.

Last edited:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Different circumstances of course but our problems are quite similar to Samoa

Weak pack
No creativity in spine
No leadership

Critta is supposed to be that guy for both teams. Not sure how you can watch his performances over the last 2 weeks and think he’s just going to turn it on next year in the spine.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Different circumstances of course but our problems are quite similar to Samoa

Weak pack
No creativity in spine
No leadership

Critta is supposed to be that guy for both teams. Not sure how you can watch his performances over the last 2 weeks and think he’s just going to turn it on next year in the spine.
Samoa has a better pack than us still :sob: :sob:He’s not a 5/8’s arsehole. Was like watching Matt Burton play. Both should be playing centre as they are both elite centres

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Samoa has a better pack than us still :sob: :sob:He’s not a 5/8’s arsehole. Was like watching Matt Burton play. Both should be playing centre as they are both elite centres
Is Burton even an elite centre? IMO he is just a FG level centre. All he may have is a running game and we only saw him run about 10 times all year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How many years ago and what team?

Even his most stauch fans can't deny he has regressed this year. Even his one trick doesn't work.
If Burton flops at centre than he’s done as an nrl player. Only position he’s shown that he can play at a decent level

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Critta is in it for the paycheque.

He’s got 3 rings, lol @ trying for a 4th. Time to cash up, buy as many houses as you can and set yourself up for retirement.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many years ago and what team?

Even his most stauch fans can't deny he has regressed this year. Even his one trick doesn't work.
Except his coach. I see it very likely CC putting his arm around him after every training session & every game whispering in his ear how great he is. Just keep up those mid field bombs babe the commentators go weak at the knees for it. Yuk

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Except his coach. I see it very likely CC putting his arm around him after every training session & every game whispering in his ear how great he is. Just keep up those mid field bombs babe the commentators go weak at the knees for it. Yuk
Well he said he has the best kicking game in the league.... lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
theoretically he is but he hasn't shown it yet.
next season he needs to step it up and show that he deserves to be playing in the halves
I may be a bit harsh but he would be lucky to have a top 10 kicking game.

Sometimes his grubbers manage a repeat set, but his long kicking game is rubbish and his bomb is just shit now.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Sometimes his grubbers manage a repeat set, but his long kicking game is rubbish and his bomb is just shit now.
I'd say long kicking game is better but his short kicking game is horrible

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he is judged purely upon the season gone, he is an average player at best.
His potential? Who actually knows, as we're yet to see him plateau!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score

Yep sad but true at the moment. Haven’t given up on him and still think he can be an out an out star but has a long way to go. I think the multiple penalties that didn’t find touch shit me the most for someone with “such a big boot”.